Space Drop is an essential utility for Mac users who want to seriously speed up their workflow. Featured by Apple in 'New Apps we Love'!
By using our extensive experience in building a range of Mac utility apps and listening to suggestions from our users over the years, we have built Space Drop. We consider it to be the missing link when it comes to dragging and dropping items on your Mac.
This app makes dragging and dropping files much easier with a handy dock that instantly appears whenever you start dragging a file. It creates a temporary place for you to store your files whilst you navigate to where they need to be dropped. This frees up your mouse and makes the process much more pleasant.
• Add single or multiple files into Space Drop in one go, if you drag in multiple files together, it'll create a stack group of those files combined.
• Allows you to create a temporary storage space for files and folders you need quick access to or need to collate before dragging them to another app or location.
• Add files and folders to Space Drop by dragging them to the drop window, menubar icon and/or dock icon.
• Choose to copy files to their destination or physically move them when dragged out of Space Drop.
• Supports multiple monitor set ups and spaces.
• Supports almost every file type and cocoa application, including Photos app and Outlook.
• Control which apps Space Drop will detect dragging on.
• Customize color, opacity, window position and much more.
• Works with full screen apps.
• Supports QuickLook to preview files within your Space Drop.
• Configure the app to launch when you login to your Mac.
• Toggle the Space Drop window using a hotkey if set.
• Right click on files and select delete to remove them or press the trash can icon to remove all files.
If you have any issues with Space Drop working with a specific Mac app you have installed, let us know via support.fiplab.com and we will add support in the next update. Currently supports all file formats and virtually every cocoa application!
We've put a lot of thought into Space Drop and after one year of internal testing and feedback from our users, we are happy to bring it to the Mac App Store for everyone to enjoy.
- Added improved support for macOS Mojave
Ratings and Reviews
CRASHES MY COMPUTER
I love the idea of this app but it crashes my computer. Everytime i drop a couple items into the box its fine but as soon as i take items out of box and back into a new folder on finder it crashes my Finder and I have to restart my iMac would love for this to be fixed as i paid 8$ for an app that crashes my computer.
Very handy. I use it regularly.
I’m really glad I got this app. My hobby is genealogy, and I’m constantly downloading files, when then have to be re-named in the Download folder and moved to their relevant folder on Dropbox. Prior to getting the app, I was always opening a second Finder window so that I could drag the file from Downloads to the destination folder in the second Finder window. Now, I just drag it to Space Drop, navigate to the destination folder in my existing Finder window, and then dragging from Space Drop to the destination. That may sound longer or more tedious, but it’s actually not, and for me it’s much better to not have the second Finder window on my screen (and I have two monitors).
Also love the way it’s invisible (hiding) until you start dragging the file, and then it pops out. Very clever. Thanks Fiplab!
Hey GrassValleyGal! Thanks so much for the amazing review! You'll be pleased to find that our latest update (v1.6) makes Space Drop even better :)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.