Strain Tactics is a real time, top-down tactical ARPG that takes players to a cyberpunk, apocalyptic future where the world has been taken over by an infectious alien strain. Featuring 80 playable characters and over 150 unique items and weapons, the game challenges players to defeat enemies by commanding customizable ground teams from their Helibase-gunship overhead. Players can indulge in a variety of scenarios across over 30 different maps, and the sandbox-style mechanics allows users to approach the maps according to their play style.
Build and command your own 1-5-member heliborne task force.
Choose from over 80 playable characters with unique personalities and strengths, and equip their 1-3 inventory slots with countless weapon and item combinations.
Choreograph your team’s actions in real time with a dynamic drag-control system or manually micromanage units!
Defend the Helibase, and protect your team from above with miniguns, autocannons, and more.
Manage your team’s mental health. Keep your squad topped up with happy pills, or deploy emotionless combat droids.
Protect your task force from contamination, or watch them erupt into even more strain.
Level up your units, and revive fallen team members by body-bagging (or selling their corpses for points).
Travel to over 30 unique maps with various scenarios including Hunter-Killer, Escort, Retrieval, Perimeter Defence, and more.
-Quality of Life improvements (a Restart Mission function!)
Ratings and Reviews
Fun but a high barrier to entry
I didn't like this game, and really tried to get into it. There is a lot that isn't well explained, but there are online communities that help clarify. Neg mind, using the cryovat, paranoia trait are a few that come to mind.
Now that I understand the mechanics and such, I really wish that the story was more well developed and that gameplay was streamlined. There are way too many options from the vending machines, and how to heal and refill should be simpler or automatic when going to base.
I hope that the developers stick with this game, once you get the hang of it, it becomes exciting and entertaining. It definitely scratches the rts itch
One of the best rts games I’ve ever played.
Seriously, I can’t believe I missed this game when it released. The game can be a bit confusing when starting out, that’s not a bad thing however. The game is complex and has a lot of systems, which results in more dynamic gameplay.
After playing a few hours you’ll have a better understanding of everything. That’s when the game starts to shine.
Using the “helibase” to choose your drop point, then controlling your team on ground in real time, while you manually use the helicopter to provide close air support with a variety of weapons is satisfying.
I could write much more about this game, but there are almost too many things to describe.
TLDR: If you like rts games, XCOM style games, or doorkickers, this is a must buy.
Fun, but could use more explanation.
Once you get the hang of some things, this can be fun. But you are going to definitely lose people along the way as you figure things out. The good thing is that you can bring them back as long as the whole team is not wiped out.
- TOUCH DIMENSIONS INTERACTIVE PTE. LTD.
- 408.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Touch Dimensions Interactive 2017
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.