By Andrew Schneider
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The peasants of Nottingham bow under the weight of Prince John’s taxes; nobles fall to the Sheriff’s political machinations; deserters from the Crusades pillage the land; and fairies lure the unwary into the depths of mist-shrouded Sherwood Forest, never to be seen again. Step into the chaos of a magical England at the end of the Third Crusade. Maid Marian hides breathless amidst the brambles after the sack of her father’s castle; Little John charges a bodyweight in gold to cross a lonely log; and Will Scarlet holds court in a brokedown tower surrounded by trees as tall as the sky, waiting for a king who will never come. The time is ripe, a spark is lit – from the ashes of your home, from the shadow of anonymity, step into legend. You are Robin Hood.
Nocked! is a lushly-illustrated, text-driven role-playing game playable for minutes or hours at a time. Define the deeds and identity of Robin Hood, outlaw of Sherwood Forest; recruit allies, forge alliances, find love; and chart a path between war, negotiation, and dangerous magics. Your choices are remembered and your actions shape the world, but you can’t do it alone.
Story and strategy collide as your reputation spreads and Merry Men join your band: Build and expand a base in the hidden deeps, manage your earnings from raids on tax collectors, and prepare for the coming of the Sheriff of Nottingham. There is no sure and easy path to victory, no one decision that will save your resistance; will you fall beneath the Sheriff’s boot heel, or will you build a movement to last the ages? The choice is yours.
What's New in Version 1.5.2
An Expanded Quiver of Adventure – New Content!
– The Lonely Forest – Walk the winding trails around your home in Sherwood and discover environments and events that change over the seasons. Or just get lost.
– The Architect’s Tale – The architect is having trouble adjusting to his time in the forest. Will you help, and at what price? Portentous foreshadowing included…
– The World in Review – Your scouts now report with comprehensive briefings on how your actions impact people in the world beyond your conflict with the Sheriff. If you’re lucky, they might even care.
** To all brave outlaws: These new Tales were inspired by comments from some of our intrepid players...so keep that feedback coming! There are more True Tales to be told.
Restrung, Refletched, and Refeathered – Fixes, Changes, and Minor Additions
– Increased stability in Castle Nottingham, officially earthquake-safe! – Fixed an unfortunate crash where the castle came down around your ears, rescheduled guard patrols, increased the Sheriff’s innate curiosity, and installed all-new granite countertops.
– Patched and plugged holes in the space-time continuum – Robin can no longer jump backwards in time to choose ill-advised, time-shattering actions that stop arrows in mid-flight! We can’t promise we got them all though, because, well…time bandits.
– Everyone loves a wedding – And now your friends do, too! Wedding gifts abound for the dashing, darling Robin who finds love in all the right places. Speaking of which…
– Rosalind in all the wrong places – She’s a crafty one, is Ros, always vanishing just when you have something to say. Now she’s settled down where she can be found on a regular basis.
– Don't let that old Viking get you down! – The leader of the Black Wolves can now be defeated by mere mortals, maybe, if you’re clever.
– Amaranth won’t eat your game – The dragon of Sherwood had an unfortunate propensity to devour unwary outlaws and put a stop to the fun. We’ve got her on a firm diet of guardsmen, and under strict orders: No disintegrations!
– Tpyo fixes – Ten thousand monkeys have been hard at work proofreading the Tales. What could go wrong?
– Typo fixes – We’ve fired the monkeys…
– Resource popups are now slower than the average jack-in-the-box. This is a game dependent on reading, after all.
– Don’t Redeem Grace, go on cool Special Missions instead! Language matters…
– Nocked! True Tales of Robin Hood is now: Nocked! [subtitle] True Tales of Robin Hood.
– We found the missing arrows - the whistling one, the one with the boxing glove on the end, and even the camouflage one. Versions 1.0 and 1.5.2 are now compatible.
– Nocked! 1.5, now with longer arrows.