RowingCoach, available also for the Apple Watch, allows you to track your rowing sessions, compare your workouts and see your overall progress – whether you train on land or on water.
== RowingCoach displays the following metrics:
• Your current and overall stroke rate (SPM)
• The distance covered
• Your current and overall pace
• Your pulse
• Your calories burned
== Use the app as suits you best:
• Track your session on the iPhone
• Only use your Apple Watch to record the training (and leave your iPhone onshore!)
• Use the iPhone as display for your Apple Watch recording. Very useful for indoor rowing.
== RowingCoach also offers these features:
• Use Siri to start and stop your workout
• Automatic Stroke detection
• Get notified after a certain distance covered, strokes reached, time passed or your pulse is getting to high
• Display your workout on a map
• Speed/pulse shown in color-coding
• Share your rowing track with iMessage
• Weather conditions are recorded for outdoor workouts
• iCloud synchronisation: Have your workouts on all your devices.
• Apple Health App integration
• Watch Complication: See your weekly progress at a glance
• Use Force Touch in the Watch app to quickly start and stop a workout
• Today Widget: See your weekly and monthly progress from the Today screen
• Add notes (to remember who was cox for example)
== Export and upload your workouts to other platforms:
• Upload to Strava
• Export to RowsAndAll
• Upload to MapMyFitness
• Upload to TrainingPeaks
• Upload to Concept2 Logbook
External bluetooth heart rate monitors are supported.
If you want to export your workouts via e-mail or want to record more than 3 workouts - you can get to a subscription right in the app.
• Start your workout with a countdown!
• Siri watchface on Apple Watch now suggests starting a workout intelligently!
• Improved Health app compatibility, pulse is also shown when workout is paused.
• As requested, you can now set a pulse alarm. You will get notified, when you hit this threshold, so you know when to cool down!
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Unitask at its best
Totally recommend this app. It nails what it’s supposed to do. Pay the $4.99 and get the subscription just to support the work if nothing else.
Very good app
This app is fantastic, the data is incredibly useful and it's ease of use is fantastic.
My one issue is the estimated rate per 500 m. On my phone it will say my split is a 1:50, then when I go to check out the individual splits per 500 Meters the splits are 2:05 and up. Is there a different way average split is calculated that I don't know about?
Enjoying Rowing Coach
This relative newbie to rowing is enjoying the RowingCoach App. Excellent integration with the Apple Watch health data and easy to use. Automatic logging of workouts and the relevant data (map, mph,strokes, heart rate etc.) make for some useful metrics to improve my rowing performance.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your comment, I am always happy about feedback! All the best with your rowing performance!
- Gunther Cronenberg
- 43.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Cronenberg Technology e.U.
- In-App Purchases
- Unltd. recs & export (1 Year) $4.99
- Unltd. recs & export (1 Month) $0.99
- Unltd. recs & export (3 Months) $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.