RowingCoach, available also for the Apple Watch, allows you to track your rowing sessions, compare your workouts and see your overall progress – whether you train on land or on water.
== RowingCoach displays the following metrics:
• Your current and overall stroke rate (SPM)
• The distance covered
• Your current and overall pace
• Your pulse
• Your calories burned
== Use the app as suits you best:
• Track your session on the iPhone
• Only use your Apple Watch to record the training (and leave your iPhone onshore!)
• Use the iPhone as display for your Apple Watch recording. Very useful for indoor rowing.
== RowingCoach also offers these features:
• Use Siri to start and stop your workout
• Automatic Stroke detection
• Get notified after a certain distance covered, strokes reached, time passed or your pulse is getting to high
• Display your workout on a map
• Speed/pulse shown in color-coding
• Share your rowing track with iMessage
• Weather conditions are recorded for outdoor workouts
• iCloud synchronisation: Have your workouts on all your devices.
• Apple Health App integration
• Watch Complication: See your weekly progress at a glance
• Use Force Touch in the Watch app to quickly start and stop a workout
• Today Widget: See your weekly and monthly progress from the Today screen
• Add notes (to remember who was cox for example)
== Export and upload your workouts to other platforms:
• Upload to Strava
• Export to RowsAndAll
• Upload to MapMyFitness
• Upload to TrainingPeaks
• Upload to Concept2 Logbook
External bluetooth heart rate monitors are supported.
If you want to export your workouts via e-mail or want to record more than 3 workouts - you can get to a subscription right in the app.
• Start your workout with a countdown!
• Siri watchface on Apple Watch now suggests starting a workout intelligently!
• Improved Health app compatibility, pulse is also shown when workout is paused.
• As requested, you can now set a pulse alarm. You will get notified, when you hit this threshold, so you know when to cool down!
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
As another reviewer said, I use this app every outing. And also sometimes forget to start it on time. I did not find another app that even came close to this one for useful info. The map feature is really nice. The developer is friendly and helpful. I don’t think you can go wrong with this.
You do need an Apple Watch 3 ( or maybe 2) though. Apple Watch 3 has GPS and much better pulse measurement than Apple Watch original. This app was the reason up upgraded!
Thank you, John! I am also working on automatic reminders. They will be integrated soon, so you won't miss starting the workout!
I’m always using this app!
I’m using this on a nearly daily basis for tracking my rowing workouts. Integration with the health center apps really helps me monitor how much effort I’m putting in.
My only issue is that it doesn’t start automatically! I’m forever forgetting to start it before launching off. Operator error, hah!
Suggest providing an easy to access key to the color coding on the map track for heart rate, spm, and speed
Hi! Did you know that you can use Siri with RowingCoach? Just say "Start workout with RowingCoach" and you are good to go!
Thank you very much for your comment and your input on the color coding! I will consider this for the next release.
Extremely happy with this app. I use it for indoor rowing on my Waterrower. I place my phone on a stand on the water tank. Start my session on my Apple Watch and get a great readout of my time, heart rate and SPM. Works even better when I use my Polar chest strap, but I usually just let my watch do the heart rate recording. I don’t row outdoors, but looks like it would be perfect for those that do. Stable app so far with no glitches or crashes.
- Gunther Cronenberg
- 43.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Cronenberg Technology e.U.
- In-App Purchases
- Unltd. recs & export (1 Year) $4.99
- Unltd. recs & export (1 Month) $0.99
- Unltd. recs & export (3 Months) $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.