A cross-platform design tool for the 21st century.
Gravit Designer is a full-featured, free vector design app right at your fingertips.
Whether you’re working on graphics for marketing materials, websites, icons, UI design, presentations or just like to create cool concept art, Gravit Designer will revolutionize how you work.
Enjoy a clean, intuitive interface, that adjusts itself exactly the way you expect it.
Experience the best PDF import and export engine out there – making it easy to collaborate with other creative professionals.
Have in your hands the most complete SVG editing tool that will blow your mind with unmatched precision, which makes it the Best tool for UI design with non-destructive Boolean operations and a Knife tool.
Quick prototyping and responsive design with using styles, symbols, anchors, pages and master pages.
Mix vectors with multiple filters, stack and arrange them in the way you want. Gravit Designer allows you to add multiple indestructible effects and blending modes to the whole shape or just parts of it. Choose from more than 40 effects and 28 blending modes.
Apply multiple fills and borders to any object and create effects, that you have never seen before with screen, noise and pattern fill modes.
Finally, Gravit Designer gives you unmatched precision in any unit (pixels, mm, cm, etc.) from creating to exporting, which is especially important for print projects.
- Pages with master pages
- Layer groups
- Non-destructive Boolean operations
- Knife tool
- Bezigon tool
- Advanced path tool
- Multiple shape types
- Powerful grids, including isometric
- Rulers and guidelines
- Anchors for responsive design
- Pixel-perfect screen designs
- Multiple fills and borders
- Over 40 effects and 28 blending modes
- Shared Styles
- Powerful text engine
- Web fonts out of the box
- Fully accessible system fonts
- Text on path
- Slices and multiple assets
- Sketch import
- EPS support
- Gravit Cloud
- Assets and design templates
- Video tutorials
- Smart guides
Fixed a critical issue with full screen mode
This one is huge: We massively improved the performance and rendering speed of Gravit Designer, so it should run as soft as butter no matter which type of design you are working on.
Another improvement we are particularly proud of is EPS compatibility. EPS files should now open flawlessly, perform better and load much faster.
More new features:
- Files saved with the “Create PDF Compatible File” option can now be opened in Gravit Designer.
- Version History: Access up to 20 past versions of your designs saved on the Gravit Cloud (File => Show Version History).
- Generally improved loading times.
- The divider between the Pages and Layers panel can now the moved to give more space to either.
- Brought back “Fit All” in the toolbar by popular demand.
- Added a warning about linked images, that they will not be available when opening the file on another computer or in the web app.
- Added a couple of new presets to the welcome screen.
- Hidden layers are not considered for snapping anymore.
- In turn, locked layers are now considered for snapping and they also show smart guides.
- Improved precision for the "Position" and "Size" of SVG files.
- Further improved exporting elements with borders to SVG.
- Locked layers can now be used as "Key objects": When selecting multiple layers alongside a locked element, the other elements are aligned to the locked layer.
And a bunch of bugfixes. All changes can be found at https://designer.io/changelog.
Ratings and Reviews
Easy, free, and great to use! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
I was looking for something to use as a graphic design software. Before I found this, I was using GIMP, which apparantly was highly recommended for graphic design. I was so frustrated by it trying to figure out simple things like, making a rectangle, or making something have some opacity….The online tutorials were either outdated, or for the PC version which was for some reason different than for Mac. I gave up trying to use GIMP, so I decided to look for something else.
THEN I FOUND THIS HOLY SOFTWARE, and boy does it work! I was able to make a design I needed in less than 10 minutes, which took me hours upon hours without actually finishing in GIMP. Everything I needed for graphic design was there. It was simple, easy to use, easy to read and was very polished. I will never use a different software for graphic design. If this had cost money, I still would’ve gotten it, it is just that good! Not to mention FREE!
Superb Free Vector App
Hands down, this is the best free app I’ve downloaded in a very, very long time. I’ve only used it on a single project, but am extremely satisfied, and I would pay for this app. I’m an intermediate user of the Adobe Illustrator app, but decided it’s too expensive two years ago and switched to the Affinity Designer app.
Using Affinity Designer is absolutely great, but I had to really tweak the UI to arrange and show the tools how I wanted. This UI is super streamlined and a lot of thought was put into making the tools available and centered around the work instead of pushed to one side. They have popups instead of slide-open panels that push everything else down to where you can’t see important information at a glance. (Best idea since paneled tools were introduced.)
It doesn’t open images directly, but you can import and place them. The one gripe I do have is that it doesn’t yet open AI files, so I’ll need to go back and export AI projects to SVG so this app can open them. Hopefully, that’s a feature coming later. As stated, I would gladly have paid for this app. It hasn’t crashed on me, thus far. Some have reported that here in the reviews. Hopefully, that’s not a very common thing.
I’m loving the app so far. I’ve tried a few other free design apps and they don’t compare to this one. Give it a shot.
It’s just what I needed. A Million Thanks!
I love this application. It’s better than Adobe Illustrator in a few ways (I’ve been unhappy with the complacency of Adobe products for years now and decided not to continue using any of their applications. And subscription? No thanks, not worth it Adobe).
Gravit Designer has a lot of good things. The curve editing tool is superb. I can easily make rounded corners from sharp ones. The alignment tools are great. You can make symbols out of objects. The masking tools are great. You can make all kinds of plygons and with rounded corners. No crashes yet (fingers crossed). The interface is AMAZING. I basically have no complaints.
You made a designer very happy today. I’m in love. Keep up the amazing work!
- Gravit GmbH
- 69.8 MB
- Graphics & Design
- OS X 10.9.0 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Corel Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.