The fastest way to learn any text. Progressively hides words until all are gone!
Wanna learn scripts, lyrics, poems, texts, speeches, scriptures, movie or stage lines by heart, in no time? Memy lets you learn texts by heart ultra fast, by gradually hiding words or lines.
Read the text aloud a few times, and then hit the "hide" button: a few random words will be blanked out. Your challenge is then to read aloud again, trying to remember the words that are hidden. If you can't, display more words again. But as soon as you can comfortably read the text, without any hesitation, hide more words to increase the difficulty and challenge your brain even more. Once no word is visible, you will know the text by heart!
Since your brain only has to learn a few words at a time and the difficulty increases gradually, you'll be able to learn entire texts by focusing a few minutes -a task that might have taken you hours without this technique.
• Learn line by line: want to avoid memory lapses? Premium users can use the advanced learning method to learn texts line by line. Just tap "method".
• Actors & comedians: focus on your own lines only: other lines will be ignored (check the video tutorial inside the app to learn more)
• Import PDF, TXT, RTF or HTML files.
• Have your text auto-scroll: click the play button, and click again to stop. Adjust the speed using the control buttons.
• Long press on the text, and all the words will temporarily reappear while you hold your finger on the screen.
• Long press on the "unhide" button to reset the text.
Are you ready to improve your memory and learn dozens of texts by heart?
Feel free to send your questions, suggestions or feature requests via the app! I will answer as soon as I can.
Hi everyone! I can’t wait to be able to work full-time on Memy, you sent over so many great suggestions and I can’t wait to implement them! Thank you and please keep the suggestions coming :-)
• FOLDERS: I've finally implemented folders, to organize your texts! I'll improve the system over the next few updates, but it is already working and you can add texts to a folder, one by one. I'll work on a way to add several texts to a folder at once, for instance. When you import and export data, the folders are recreated too. I'll add more import options soon too. If you notice any bugs, please let know :-)
• SORT: you can now sort your texts by date added or by name (ascending or descending).
Hope you’ll like the new system,
Ratings and Reviews
More limited than I expected
I was satisfied with the basic functionality—until I realized that the one text I’d put in was the only one I was going to be allowed on the free version. Are you kidding me? Now when I try to add, I only get the prompt for the pricey premium version. I even deleted the tutorial, assuming that without it, I could at least have two texts to work with (besides preloaded poem.) Nope. I tried deleting and replacing my one text. That worked but still leaves me disappointed. By the way, I think a limit of, say, five texts is fair for a free version.
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thank you for taking the time to write review, and sorry about the frustration. It’s hard to find the right balance: give enough to users to use the app for free forever, but also give them a reason to upgrade and support the development.
However, I think you are right and I am gonna reconsider the number of free texts, especially now that I am slowly adding more features that create more reasons to upgrade. Could you get in touch with me via the app to discuss that? :))
Thanks a lot,
Great Demonstration and Awesome to use 👍
It is super easy to use and it even has a practice text that is the instructions. It clearly states what you do and how to do it. Even if you delete that text, you can get it back in case you forgot or are showing someone a practice text. I love this app and it helps me learn all of my lines really quick. Awesome idea, great developer.
Developer Response ,
Thank you! Happy to read that the tutorial is useful :-) Kevin
This Is Too Easy
I just copied a column from a Microsoft Office Excel spreadsheet to the clipboard, then pasted the contents into a new document in Memy. Memy quickly accepted the text contents of more than a thousand cells, treating each cell’s contents as a paragraph. The controls are easy to understand, and the app responds sharply even on
my iPhone SE. I’ve begun memorizing, and everything seems too easy.
Developer Response ,
Wow, I’m so glad to read that it worked so well! Can’t believe it worked flawlessly for a thousand cells and on an iPhone SE, that is pretty cool.
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and feel free to contact me via the app if you have any suggestion in the future,
- Kevin Quisquater
- 25.3 MB
Requires iOS 11 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Kevin Quisquater
- In-App Purchases
- Memy Premium Lifetime $8.99
- Memy Premium Lifetime $7.99
- Memy Premium Lifetime $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.