OFFICIAL AUDIO GUIDE
Construction of Yverdon castle was started in 1260 by Peter of Savoy, and laid out as a so-called “Savoy square”. It has undergone a number of alterations over the centuries, even becoming a boarding school under the famous educationist Johann-Heinrich Pestalozzi at the beginning of the 19th century. It now houses the Museum of Yverdon and its region, one of the oldest in Canton Vaud, whose roots go back to the 18th century. The permanent exhibition, one of whose elements is the castle in its entirety, retraces the history of Yverdon and region over the course of more than 6,000 years, from the Neolithic to the present day. Among a number of highlights are examples of Gallo-Roman boats.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.