Euclidea: Sketches is an interactive geometry app intended for creating and exploring geometrical constructions. It is a great companion for the classic Euclidea Puzzles app. You start with an empty board and create your sketch with just a few taps.
> Use smart and powerful tools
> Choose shapes from a template library
> Explore your constructions: they can be changed dynamically
> Customize your drawing
> Label points
> Organize you own drawing collection
> Export to photo album
***For Euclidea Puzzles users***
The app is much more than a sandbox for Euclidea. The tools were revised and significantly improved. Since you do not need to count moves anymore, the same constructions can be reproduced faster.
***How to use***
There are 4 modes: Constructing, Decorating, Coloring, and Labeling. The Move and Eraser tools are available in any mode. Other tools are: Point, Segment, Ray, Straight Line, Circle, Polygon Templates (Regular Polygon, Equilateral Triangle, Isosceles Triangle, Right Triangle, Square, Rhombus, Rectangle, Parallelogram, Trapezoid, Isosceles Trapezoid, Right Trapezoid), Midpoint, Perpendicular Bisector, Angle Bisector, Perpendicular, Parallel, Copy Segment, Copy Angle, Circle by 3 Points, Triangle Center Collection (Incenter, Centroid, Circumcenter, Orthocenter), Tangent, Intersection.
- Drag a circle or other object directly to the desired point until it snaps.
- The Segment tool can be used to extend segments.
- It is easier to use the Perpendicular tool selecting a line first.
- Decorations are used to mark a perpendicular, equal angles or segments.
- You cannot create a wrong decoration. For example it is impossible to mark segments as equal if their length is actually different.
- Choose color and style, then tap a point, a circle, or a segment.
- You can create segments and points in the Coloring mode.
- You can deselect color to change a style only.
- The default color is the rightmost in the palette.
- To hide/restore a label, choose "-" in the letter wheel and then tap a point on the drawing.
Hints: Move tool
- The whole drawing can be rotated using two fingers when the Move tool is active.
- Tap a line or a circle to see their base points that can be dragged.
Let's make geometry fun again!
• iPhone support
• Possibility to share sketches
• Fixed bugs
If you enjoy Euclidea: Sketches, please leave a nice review on the store.
Ratings and Reviews
Can't wait for the updates
After seeing some of the examples in the game I was excited to make similar drawings. However, after much effort, I am still unable to get my drawings to interact in similar ways to the examples. I imagine future updates of this app including the ability to show the interactions between levers, pulleys, gears, cams, etc. At the very least, the ability to define points as static or moveable, would go a long way to getting me to change my rating to 5 stars. If the developers can accomplish this then I will be the first in line to hand over lots of my hard-earned cash if you began charging for this app.
Awesome geometry app!
Both Euclidea and Euclidea: Sketches are great math apps! Although there are countless math apps for the iOS platform, most of them are of dubious educational value. Euclidea and Euclidea: Sketches are exceptions. I'm having a lot of fun with these two apps and I hope that the developers will continue to improve and support them. Of course, I will continue to support them, financially and verbally! Keep up the great work.
Great tool but can only export bitmap images
This is an amazing tool but there isn’t any way to export drawings in any sort of vector format. I emailed the developers and was told that they have no plans to add that capability. So you can spend lots of time making complex geometric designs that you can use anywhere else except by rendering it to a static bitmap image.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.