Looking FWD helps you to count down to important events in your life, such as birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, bills etc. You can create your own event types and you can customise all of your events with colours and emoji. You can also create secret events which will only be displayed when you authenticate using Touch ID. Events can be set to repeat and configured to send you reminders. There's also a widget so that you can view your upcoming events at a glance! All of your events will be kept in sync across all of your devices thanks to iCloud.
Some tips for getting the most out of Looking FWD and making it your own:
• When adding a new event, tap the Automatic filter to add birthdays from your Contacts, or events from your Calendar such as holidays
• Tap the Add Type button on the select Event Type screen to create your very own category
• When creating or editing events (and event types) you can change the emoji by tapping on it
• When creating or editing event types, you can specify whether or not that event type is important to you and should be included in the filter at the top of the My Events screen
• Swipe across an event to Share it
• Swipe across an event type to Edit it
If you have any questions or comments and would like to get in touch then please don't hesitate to email me: email@example.com
Minor tweaks to the UI
Ratings and Reviews
I came back
I have been using this app for a year and love it more and more with each use. I recently decided to explore some other apps and came back to Looking FWD because none offered all of the features that I have come to love.
1. Offers repeating events
2. Uses emoji as event icons
3. Syncs with iCloud
Repeating events are a requirement if you want to be reminded about birthdays and anniversaries. What I like about Looking FWD — and could not find in any other app — is that it also calculates the number of the birthday or anniversary and shows it in the event list. Hence, you can not only see how many days to someone’s upcoming birthday, but you can also see how old they will be. I LOVE this.
Using emoji for event icons turns out to be incredibly flexible. I looked at other apps that only offered a built-in icon set and found them limiting compared to the world of detail and options available through the emoji character set.
Finally, It was not clear from inside the app that it syncs with iCloud (which is what sent me in search of other apps). When I discovered that the sync is automatic, I am back to stay.
You have to update this app ! It is not a good app !!!!!
- John Mackay
- 21.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 John Mackay
- In-App Purchases
- Looking FWD Upgrade $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.