PlantSnap Plant Identification
By PlantSnap, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Instantly identify plants, flowers and trees with PlantSnap by Earth.com, the mobile app built to help you identify plants and trees in a snap!
Have you ever been on a hike, walking through a garden or simply on an afternoon walk and wondered what species that plant, flower or tree was? Simply take a picture of the plant or tree, and PlantSnap will tell you what it is in seconds, using its robust plant database. Best of all, PlantSnap is Ad-Free - so you can snap away, uninterrupted!
Bridge the gap between technology and nature. With Plantsnap, you can reconnect to the natural world around you and learn about nearby plants, or browse our gallery to discover new and exotic plants all across the globe. Whether you find peace and mindfulness from hiking, or if you are interested in studying nature, Plantsnap has the resources and technology you need.
PlantSnap is powered by deep learning and artificial intelligence, meaning that it actually learns and improves with every image you feed it. Every image you take makes PlantSnap better and adds to the growing Plant Database. Get out there and start PlantSnapping!
Identify Plants with Your Camera
• Instantly learn the name of plants, flowers and trees with a picture!
• Snap a picture with your camera, plug the picture into PlantSnap and watch the Plant Database name the plant!
• Our database is global and our results are instantaneous. There are currently 315,000 plant species in our database, most with photos and descriptions.
• PlantSnap can currently recognize 103,000 species of plants and trees, which covers species across the entire planet. We are adding 50,000 species per month to the algorithm, updated automatically, no extra charge. If you find a species we can't recognize, please email it to us!
• PlantSnap hopes to fully cover almost every known plant species on Earth by the end of 2017!
Plant Identification & Learning Algorithms
• 103,000 species currently trained into the algorithm, and our algorithm is learning 50,000 new species per month
• PlantSnap will update automatically for you every time we add a new batch of species, no additional fees required
Identify Plants without Ads
• Need to identify a plant while hiking? Planting a new garden and want exotic plants? Start identifying plants without pesky ads!
Discover the World Around You
• Reconnect with the outside world. Rediscover nature with the help of a botanist in your pocket.
• Gamify your hikes with friends and family! Plantsnap lets you build a library of every plant, tree or flower you've snapped. See how many you can collect!
• Get some fresh air and improve your mood! Plantsnap connects the divide between technology and nature.
• Connecting to nature can be good for mindfulness or spirituality. Whether you’re an avid hiker on the trails or a botanist in a garden, quickly gain knowledge of the plants around you.
Stop wondering what those plants, flowers or trees are called, and instantly know their name by snapping a picture! Have access to our growing Plant Database, and stay up-to-date on new plant species!
Download PlantSnap now and start PlantSnapping!
**Be sure to watch our instructional video to get the most accurate results!**
**Please check your email after purchasing for more detailed information.**
We are looking to make Plantsnap better all the time. Please leave your feedback in the app to help Plantsnap grow!
What's New in Version 1.8
All iOS 11 users PLEASE UPDATE TO THIS VERSION!
- Fixed a bug, which was causing iOS 11 users to experience problems with plant identification and saving Snaps to their collection.
Science fiction come to life
Amazing app! iPhones are getting closer and closer to being just like Star Trek Tricoders! PlantSnap works incredibly well, and I was very skeptical. Highly recommend! *UPDATE* I needed this update because 11.0.2 iOS version had caused problems. Marsh grass that I had trouble with previously is now identified! I think they must have added more species because I got a result on a hike yesterday on a mushroom that wasn't identified before. Seems to work well on succulents and cacti, and now seems to work with mushrooms, too! Just saved me from poison ivy!
Save your money
Attempted to identify 6 basic plants and flowers I purchased at Home Depot, but it was only able to identify one. Using the most current version of IOS. This app would be great if it worked.
Update: Prior to posting the original review, we followed the instructions in the welcome email, watched the video, and even tried it on multiple devices. Maybe the developer should take the feedback as an opportunity to improve the app instead of becoming defensive. Clearly, with 3.5 stars and after reading the reviews, many people are having issues. So, if there are more secrets to getting the app to work, make the information public instead of asking people to privately email support.
I should not have to register to use the app.
I paid for the app, that should enable all features to use the app unless indicated or expressed elsewhere.
I don't want to register. I don't want to give you my email. I don't want email from you. I don't want you tracking me. I don't want you sharing my information.
Requiring users to register for a paid mobile app is a basic antipattern for app-development.