The Franz Kafka Videogame is an original puzzle/adventure game inspired by the writings of Franz Kafka.
The protagonist named K. gets a sudden offer of employment. And this event changes his life, forcing him to make a distant voyage. To his surprise, the world beyond his homeland appears to be not as normal as he would think.
Together with K. you will experience an atmosphere of absurdity, surrealism, and total uncertainty.
• From the Creator of an Award-Winning Hamlet
• Original Logic Puzzles
• No inventory. No boss battles. No RPG features
• Only Absurdity and Surrealism
Version 1.4.24 - now with stickers for the iMessage App!
Ratings and Reviews
This game is absolutely terrible. The puzzles are unenjoyable and unintuitive. The connection to Kafka's work is incredibly shallow. I'm not sure the designer of this game read anything more than a couple sentences of The Metamorphosis, and I am very sure that he/she didn't read any of Kafka's other works.
On top of that, even if the game was enjoyable, it provides less than an hour of gameplay, and most of that time will be spent waiting for hints and tapping aimlessly around the screen. Or solving one particularly boring slide puzzle.
As someone who plays a lot of puzzle games and enjoys Kafka's work, I strongly recommend that you do not buy this game. I let my love of Kafka override my impression from the reviews, and it was the wrong choice.
Short and Slow Moving
I love Franz Kafka’s work, so I purchased this game almost as soon as I saw it in the App Store. The puzzles are difficult to figure out without the hints, which you have to wait a few minutes for - really slowing down the game. When I got to the the end, I was disappointed to realize the game is actually very short, I spent most of my time waiting on hints to do just two small actions on each level.
All-in-all, it felt like a waste of money because of how short it was, and how slow it moved when I got stuck.
I would not buy this again
I love puzzle and point and click games. I love escape games. The puzzles are so abstract that it is impossible to complete this without the hints or a walk through. I forced myself to finish playing since I paid for this, but did not enjoy playing it. I kept hoping for it to improve as it went along, but I was disappointed.
- Daedalic Entertainment Gmbh
- 384.7 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Copyright 2017 Daedalic Entertainment GmbH. Daedalic and the Daedalic logo are trademarks of Daedalic Entertainment GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.