By Rodrigo Roman
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
sequencism is a music sketchbook tool that allows the creation of short and simple pieces of music. It is designed to provide a traditional user interface of track and piano roll editors, while taking advantage of the touch-screen capabilities of the iPad. It also includes other helper tools, such as chord helper tracks.
Note that the main goal of this app is to work as a sketchbook, thus it is not recommended to use sequencism to produce complex songs or to play songs live on stage.
• Simple track mixer and visual mixer (volume, pan)
• Multitrack editor: MIDI instrument tracks, chord helper tracks
• Support for SF2* and AUv3 instruments (*lightweight SF2 files only)
• AUv3 Effects
• Piano roll editor: add, move, copy notes within blocks
• MIDI keyboard, supports multiple scales, including user-defined scales
• Support for diatonic and chromatic chords
• Automatic transposing when changing chords or scales
• Supports Audiobus 3 and Ableton Link
• Support for MIDI keyboards, including Bluetooth keyboards
• Export to MIDI
• Undo, Redo
• Import MIDI files (improve existing support)
AUv3 instruments requires iPad Mini 2, iPad 4 or newer.
What's New in Version 1.03
[+] Added support for MIDI AU instruments. Now, you can load MIDI Audio Units in a track and send the MIDI they generate to another track.
Minor changes and Fixes
[m] "Choose track scale" upgraded.
[m] Show AU icons when loading instruments.
[F] Major bugfixes (Auv3 effects can now be successfully loaded).
[f] Minor bugfixes (Track names, deleting tracks, chord previews, midi import, memory leaks).