By Tobias Ornberg
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Jump over pitfalls, razor-sharp spikes and crumbling blocks. Deflect flying fireballs, enemy attacks and axe swings. Bust open doors to secret rooms full of lava and gather shiny coins.
Sir Hoppenhelm is lost down in the dungeon of his castle Dunkelburg and must jump, block and slash his way back to safety before the rising lava gets him. Collect coins to unlock allies with unique abilities or expand your armory with new neat weapons.
• Arcade platform action
• One handed controls
• Randomly generated levels with progression
• Challenging gameplay
• Unlockable characters and weapons
• Fancy sprites and juicy animations
• Bouncy chiptune soundtrack
• In-app purchase to remove ads
• Made with love :D
Thank you for playing <3
What's New in Version 1.2
Bug fixes & minor tweaks.
Thank you for playing! <3
I love this game!
Definitely worth playing! The controls are slide over to press making it easy to push multiple quickly with one hand. There are a few things to discover as well! For instance, the double jump! Surprisingly high skill cap and addicting gameplay. There are a few glitches but you don't run into them until 800+ points. I'm not sure how to contact developer if he intends to improve the Game, so I will list glitches here. Past 800 ish points the game slows down. As you progress further it continues to slow more, but speeds up temporarily inside doors. At any point if you are standing on a doorway, hit it, then instantly jump forward to avoid entering, all buttons stop working until death. Deep in when the game is slowed, sometimes all hits are critical hits, unless hitting while jumping. That is what I have noticed so far! Such an amazing ADD game!
Edit: all hits are critical hits on first round after opening the app. Tested with multiple charactor and swords.
Awesome game, but needs a few fixes
First of all, I must say that I have fallen in love with this game. It's fun, it's simple, and it's charming. However, there are just a couple things that I would like to see fixed.
Firstly, the game feels like it gets a bit boring once you unlock everything. The weapons all do the same thing, and unlocking all the characters isn't difficult. Perhaps giving different effects to the weapons, or allowing the player to upgrade their unlocks with extra coins, could be implemented. None of this is really necessary, but it may add more replayability.
Also, there are a few glitches or other gameplay quirks that could be fixed. Most noticeably, the game starts to slow down after a while. Also, pressing the jump button twice in rapid succession has some weird effects. Sometimes it creates a double jump effect, and sometimes it doesn't. And finally, a TNT space directly before an enemy with 2-4 hearts is effectively instant death, as far as I can tell.
Overall, it's a great game, but it isn't perfect. I'm guessing there will be improvements some day, though. Even in spite of its flaws, I'll continue to play this lovely little game.
Fun and Addictive, Needs Polish
Hoppenhelm is fun and addictive. The game is pretty straightforward and easy to pick up and replay. The pixel art graphics are gorgeous. There are a few opportunities the developer could use to get a bit closer to perfection:
- Optimize the button layout for tablet. Even for a guy with big hands, the buttons are painful to stretch for and the layout lends itself to blocking instead of jumping as a primary action. The result is a frustrating experience where a slip of the thumb causes a game to be lost. A corner-centric set of buttons would be a great first step, and better use of the extra side space besides black screen would be even better.
- Ad timing feels really abrupt. I didn't mind paying to remove ads, but showing the number of 'lives' between ads might make them more palatable.
- Most of the weapon power ups are solely visual and lend nothing to the game but an extra step to complete for completists. This coupled with enemy types that don't change an awful lot can be a bit boring. One interesting possibility would be a ranged weapon to aid in taking out pesky swinging axes and flying enemies more quickly or from a safer distance.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 05, 2017
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 23.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Tobias Ornberg
- © 2017 Tobias Örnberg
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove ads$1.99