"A great way to give parents a break and let your kid have fun and learn to read at the same time." - Jen, Kindergarten teacher and mom of three.
I have a confession to make. Like most kids, my son always preferred playing video games and I was getting increasingly frustrated with having my son waste a lot of time on a fun but mindless game while he was still struggling to master his sight words and learning to read.
So I decided to create a secret sight word game and to my and my son's delight, he now has a game where he is having fun and learning at the same time.
My sons skills in recognizing Sight Words have dramatically improved since he started playing Secret Sight Words and now I no longer have to feel guilty when I need a five minute break to take care of the laundry or prepare lunch for the kids. I know that they are having fun and that they are learning at the same time.
Secret Sight Words is an exciting educational game that helps kids rapidly learn sight words by sight, sound, and touch. Our philosophy is that games have to be fun first because if kids don't want to use them, then you have already lost. Fortunately, kids really like playing Secret Sight Words.
The interface is so easy to use that even a 9 month old baby will delight in using this app.
• Press on the picture clues to hear the word and then drag the correct letter to the correct slot
• You decide what to focus on - turn individual categories and individual sight words ON or OFF from the settings page
• Learn by sight, sound, and touch
• Fun game play, sounds, and animations keep kids engaged
• Fully customizable. You can easily adjust the difficulty based on the user's skill
• Tracks user progress
Adjust difficulty from settings page.
• Wrong answers do not interfere with gameplay, the child can immediately try again (most other games are too slow to keep kids interested by interrupting the gameplay and slowly repeating the instructions)
• Play Sight Words from A to Z or in random order (adjustable from settings page)
• Multi-sensory learning tool - combining audio, voice, and touch
• Want to work on just a few Sight Words? No problem… head to the settings page to turn entire categories or individual Sight Words on and off
• Want to record your own audios? No problem. Just click on the category and record your own Sight Words sounds
Heroic Support is not just what we do. It's really what makes us, well, us. It's that drive to make a difference in your life - no matter how big or small. Really, it's our way of life because we want you to be our customer for a lifetime of fun and learning.
Have questions? We are here to help. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Exciting way to practice sight words
Another awesome game! I am looking forward to using this! Great way to keep track of individual children's progress. I like how it practices beginning sounds as well as sight words. The game is self correcting and encourages the child to read (form words) left to right. Being able to tap on each picture to hear its name is a great way to help those who have limited picture vocabulary. Having the sight word read to the child after they complete it is a great way to reinforce each word. I particularly like being able to add your own sight words!! GREAT JOB!
Great for Dibels K-1st FSF and NWF!!!
We're all looking for that perfect sight word or red word reading app, right? Well, this one should be added to the list! It's a sight word app, plus more.... The student must use first sound fluency of an object and then go the next step to match it to the correct letter. Great for K and 1st Dibels users. (Don't worry, if your student cannot name the object, all they need to do is touch it and it will name the object aloud.) Once the letters are arranged, they spell a sight word. It reads the sight word twice. What would be perfect is to perhaps use the sight word in a simple sentence. This is a very user friendly, instructional app!!!
Engaging way to practice sight words and letter-sound correspondence
I really like the game-like format of this app that encourages students to think about the beginning sounds and the corresponding letters. Then, students have to blend the sounds together to make the secret word. My favorite apps are those that practice multiple skills just like this app! I can't wait to use it in the fall.
- Innovative Mobile Apps Ltd
- 170.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Alligator Apps
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.