True Barcoder, is a handy software that assist you to encode any Item ID into a barcode figure readable by any barcode reader, using any of 23 most popular encoding standards available worldwide. the produced barcode figure is highly configurable, you can control every aspect of the resulted graph. then you could save it as an image or print it directly to a barcode printer, with selected resolution and dimensions.
- Can choose encoding standard out of 23 supported standards.
- Can add a checksum for some standards.
- Can adjust width, height and resolution.
- Can choose bars color and figure transparancy.
- Can show the code text with adjustable position, size, color and back color.
- Can choose figure background colour or even image with adjustable transparency.
- Can draw a customizable border around the figure.
- Can save the figure to your media using any of 5 image types.
- Can print the figure directly to any barcode printer attached to your system.
- Four side rulers to precisly control the size of the figure on screen.
- Dedicated Dialog box for choosing Image type.
- Some bugs fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
Creates barcodes, but the other features have problems
It seems that no matter what you do, there is a black border around the barcode.
A good idea but not fleshed out
There’s potential here but a lot is missing. On the plus side, I like the ability to choose a very high DPI or lower depending on how the bar code will be used. Nice to have background colors as well. On the minus side, the description says you can save to 5 image types but the default is .bmp and I can’t find any way to choose another type. Am I missing something? This sould be obvious. There’s absolutely not information, FAQ, or help that I can find. Clicking on ‘About this App” simply lists their other apps, nothing at all about using this one. For a U.S. audience, I’d also suggest a choice of inches or millimeters, not just millimeters. (I know… we should change over but we haven’t.) And finally, when choosing “Show code” to show the numeric barcode along with the stripes, the numeric barcode appearance doesn’t match the way the final code appears when printed. I’d like to work with a visual that represents the final product. Some choices in the way the numeric code appears would also be helpful. Overall, this doesn’t seem like it’s been completely thought through. Keep working.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.