By Kaigan Games OÜ
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
You found the lost phone of a woman named Anna. In it, you see a desperate cry for help in the form of a video message. The phone behaves strangely as you dive deeper into it. You talk to her friends and they have no idea where she is. Her texts, emails and photo gallery provides fragments of information. It's up to you to piece it together.
About the Game
SIMULACRA is an immersive narrative thriller using the interface of a mobile phone. Like all phones, you have messages, emails, gallery and all kinds of apps to look through. With a strong focus on realism, the game's characters are played by live actors and shot at real locations. Dive into Anna's life as you look at her private photos, go through her dating app or view her personal video logs.
- Explore a fully realised world through the lens of a mobile phone.
- Enjoy a unique gameplay experience through popular phone apps, including a dating app, a social media app and a web browser.
- An expansive narrative with hours of gameplay that leads to 5 possible endings.
- Filmed with live actors and an extensive VO cast.
- Solve the recurring image and text decryption puzzles to learn more about Anna’s story.
What's New in Version 1.0.35
- NEW: You can now enable BEGIN+ mode if you have previously completed the story. In this mode, all text speeds are dramatically increased.
- NEW: You can now skip decoding puzzles if it's too hard.
- Adjusted ending difficulty.
- Minor dialogue changes.
- Minor bug fixes for certain devices.
I played Sara is Missing and was well entertained but was kind of skeptical paying for a similar game. This game is intense and actually have a few jump scares that you wouldn’t expect from this type of game. This game has incredible pacing and easy to learn. This is the perfect horror game for millennials because of the apps used. Great game and well worth the price. Definitely need another!
A Fantastic Game!
I stayed up all night playing this to completion and loved it! The acting was a bit stilted at times and sounded more like someone reading from a script rather than a real person (mostly during the voice segments), but it didn’t detract from the experience enough to lower my rating. This game was money well spent, and I can’t wait for the next game from this dev!!
The puzzles aren’t too hard, and a lot of the time you’ll question if what choice you just made was the right one. (One critique I reached a major plot point where the ambiguity of past events made the choice a 50/50, which brought me out of it) but overall very enjoyable.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 14, 2017
- Version: 1.0.35
- Size: 354 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: KAIGAN GAMES OUe
- © 2017 Kaigan Games OÜ
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.