Edit Portrait Mode photos.
› Adjust background blur.
› Adjust focus point.
› Higher quality.
› Lens Blur. Add a radial effect for blurring everything around the subject additionally for dramatic effect.
› Tilt. Adjust the focal plane by tilting it, just like a tilt-shift lens does on a DSLR.
› Macro. Simulates moving subjects closer. Allows for more aggressive background blur, even for subjects farther away.
› Depth Map. Smart preview depth information with a quick 3D Touch to quickly see how radial and tilt affects it.
Deep iOS integration.
› Slør saves all edits to your Photo Library as modification that doesn't override the original photo data.
› Photo Editing Extension. Quickly open photos for edit directly in the Photos.app.
› Adaptable font sizes,
› Smart Invert, and
› Voice Over support.
Available in English, Spanish, French, German, Russian, Italian, Turkish, Norwegian, Swedish, and Danish.
The app has a fallback mode for photos that doesn't contain depth information, but it works best with photos taken with Portrait Mode on dual camera iPhones, like iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone 7 Plus. Slør also works with Portrait Mode photos taken using the front facing True Depth camera on the iPhone X.
· Fixes Portrait Effects Matte not loading and saving.
· Fixes that some previously edited photos doesn't load matching filter settings when opening photo again in Slør.
· Fixes for serious visual artifacts in iOS 12.
· Support forPortrait Effects Matte map in iOS 12.
· Turkish localization. Thanks Onur Geneş!
· Italian localization. Thanks to Laura Carmignani!
· Edited photos will now properly show the Portrait Tag in the Photo Library. Thanks Ben Sandofsky!
· Fix VoiceOver value not updating correctly for all sliders.
· Fix crash when using share sheet on iPad.
· Will not show sample photos anymore when you have more than a handful of Portrait Mode photos of your own.
· A more neutral screen color for phones that supports True Tone.
· Various performance improvements.
· Various layout and design improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
After I saw the WWDC 2017 sessions on the Depth APIs, I couldn’t wait until someone implemented this. And they did a helluva of a great job!
I’m giving it 5 stars, but I wish there was a little change: currently, when you save an image, you can only modify the existing photo in your camera roll. If you are like, you don’t want this to happen, even if you know all changes are reversible. I’d instead like to have the option to save a copy from the app to camera roll that also keeps the depth map. If you tap the share button and save the image from there, you can save a copy, but it’s saves as JPG and the depth map is lost.
I’d also like an improved way of opening photos. I take a bunch of photos and duplicate others, and with the app I never know what exactly I am modifying. Instead of showing a bunch of photos below, I’d prefer to have a standard “open photo” dialog only (the current “+” button to import photos doesn’t seem to have a logical sorting order, so I can’t find my photos in the app after I add them).
Absolutely Amazing - plus some feedback
This app is crazy amazing.
Agree with another reviewer that it would be great though if saving changes didn’t clear the “portrait” tag. It would also be great to toggle before/after somehow, and be able to save a new copy of the photo rather than edit the existing (esp due to it wiping the portrait tag).
Also what is the relevance of the size of the yellow box, if any? The size of the radial circle seems to have an immediate effect, but not the box in aperture mode.
Apple should buy this and make it part of iOS!
This is awesome! So many of my portrait photos were “OK” and this app made it easy to improve them with just a tap.
I didn’t read much about this before downloading and thought it would let me edit the depth map itself (like a photoshop mask or something). What it does is actually a totally different approach, and while less powerful than what I expected, it works wonders!
- Kabell & Munk ApS
- 24.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Tobias Due Munk
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.