Okolo is completely free service enabling DJI pilots to fly, capture and create 360° aerial panos and tours, fully automated.
Capture up to 10 panos with one drone battery cycle using built-in waypoints mode or fly manually to desired location and altitude and let Okolo take care of the capturing process.
Okolo features two modes:
• set up to 10 waypoints in the area, tap "go"
• app automatically takes off, flies your DJI drone to each waypoint and takes all photos necessary for perfect 360° panos
• once completed, drone returns home and lands
2. Single pano
• fly manually using FPV and telemetry to desired point and altitude, tap "go"
• Okolo rotates your drone, taking all necessary photos for a perfect 360° panorama
• repeat as many times as you like
After landing, magic happens:
• upload your pano photos to okolo.com
• server automatically stitches your panos (for tech savvy: creates equirectangulars from your individual photos)
• missing sky (due to drone camera limitations) is augmented automatically
• panos are instantly published online, within minutes of uploading
• other nearby panos are automatically given navigation and joined into virtual tours, from above
• one tap on mobile device and immerse yourself for full 360° virtual reality experience, feel like flying (no additional app required, works in any browser)!
Okolo service is completely free to use, without any limitations. Join our community of global pilots and help us built uninterrupted global aerial tour.
Think of Okolo as of street view, from above.
Okolo flight controller app currently supports:
• DJI Phantom 3 (Advanced and Professional)
• DJI Phantom 4 series
• DJI Mavic Pro
• DJI Inspire series
Notice: Please, always keep your drone in the line of sight. Never let the controller out of your hands and be ready to retake control at any moment. Have fun, but fly cautiously and obey local laws and regulations.
Please report bugs and errors, so we can squash them all together!
Ratings and Reviews
Several errors, two flyaways
In looking for a pano app for my P4P I was initially delighted to find Okolo, an app that promised single or multi-pano flights, cloud-based stitching, and a nice UI, all for the low cost of free. Unfortunately it appears this app is not ready for general use and could even endanger your expensive drone. My first attempt with Okolo resulted in several app errors and ended with near loss of the drone; Upon activating the pano sequence the drone immediately lost altitude and started flying to the right. I was able to save it by switching to ‘A’ mode and landing manually. After a total system restart, including my iPad Mini 4, I tried again close to the ground. Again the drone immediately started flying to its right and I was forced to use ‘A’ mode to regain control and avoid a collision. Until there is clear evidence this app works for many people I’m looking elsewhere.
Developer Response ,
We're very sorry you had to experience that and worried for such occurrence - especially because we've tested on numerous P3 platforms (Adv, Pro), P4P (same platform as yours), Mavic Pro, Inspire 1 - never encountered such issue, all errors we ever got in flight were mostly related to issue of not being able to start panorama capturing process. Since there are way too many possible variables involved (drone/remote firmware, iOS version, etc) we would be more than thrilled if you could help us in determining the cause of your problems. If you'd like to help us find and squash the bug you saw, please mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Awesome app for perfecting aerial 360° panoramic images
I have used several apps, and Okolo is one of the best. It takes all the required photos for a complete panoramic image. Coupled with the free Okolo online account, you can upload the images and Okolo will stitch them as well! There is also a mission planner built into the app. I highly recommend this
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.