Focos is a big step into the future of computational photography and light-field camera, bringing DSLR-like photography to your dual-camera iPhone, with beautiful bokeh effects usually achievable only with professional large aperture cameras. With the technology of computational photography, you can make unlimited changes to your photos, focus after the fact, change the aperture repeatedly, and add multiple lights in 3D space, exceeding the limits of any editing tools you’ve known before. The creative potential unleashed by Focos is endless.
- Take photos with shallow depth of field, without manually painting or making selections.
- True 3D imaging.
- Simulate large apertures to create real bokeh effects normally only possible with DSLR cameras and expensive lenses.
- Import existing portrait photos and customize the bokeh effect.
- Re-focus portrait photos that have already been taken, with a simple tap.
- Choose from various simulated aperture diaphragms to generate different bokeh spot effects.
- Professional options to simulate lens characteristics, such as creamy, bilinear, swirly, and reflex effects, and more.
- Visualise the depth of areas within your portrait photos in a 3D view, and intuitively add depth filters.
- Add multiple lights in a 3D space, and adjust the color, brightness and so on for each light.
- Intuitive and easy to use, with built-in video tutorials.
- An essential tool for iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X (dual lens devices).
Taking portrait photos is not possible on devices that lack dual cameras. It is therefore recommended that Focos is used on devices with dual cameras.
All sample photos in screenshots and video previews were shot on an iPhone 7 Plus.
Do you have questions or suggestions? Contact us via support @ focos . me.
- With this version, tube light and flashlights are added as new light sources. As tube light is linear, it works like the ice light. And the flashlight has its own direction.
- Improved image quality when saving lighting effect. Thanks goes to Dim Lhu.
- Rendering speed is much faster as using multiple lights.
- The lighting effects could not be saved correctly has been fixed.
- Additional and newer light sources will be available in future versions.
If you enjoy using Focos and want to support developer to make it even better, please leave your review for the features of each update!
Ratings and Reviews
Change focus in your post to better highlight what matters the most.
Great app for next level iPhone photos
Continuous mode is the bomb. I shoot a lot of pics with it for work and we do a lot of live action shots. Love how I can control what to focus on and blur. It does lag though, a few times I’ve had to force it to shut down just so I don’t miss an opportunity at a shot.
A few things I would love on the app is to have the ability to easily switch between pictures when in the editing screen instead of tapping the back arrow then searching for the next image and selecting it. Takes too long.
In addition, would love to have folder organization for the pictures already taken or have the pictures from the iPhone Favorite folder distinguished between other images that aren’t favorited. You know how Favorited images in the All Photos folder on iphones have a heart symbol? That’s what I want within the app. Right now it’s cumbersome when having to comb through the portrait images in the app to find the same ones I’ve already favorited on my iphone.
Not sure if this is even possible, would love to have multiple focus and blur points in an image that can be fully adjustable. Sometimes there’s weird blurring and focusing on an image that can’t be fixed via the settings so it looks off and edited.
All in all, great job with the app. Lifetime unlimited access price is worth it and a steal.
Thanks for your long review. New version with patch is on the way, and it allows you to edit the depth map with brush tool, so you can fix the error edge manually. Thank you.
Wish It Would Work For Non Dual Camera Phones
So, I have a iPhone 7 but not the plus, so that’s why I’m giving this a 4 star. The reason why I’m giving it a four star is because of what I’ve seen so far and what this app is capable of and this app just determines photography’s future and makes it much easier and less expensive. But, I hope maybe you can just make a different app for non dual camera phones like this and maybe make it not able to focus more on the main thing of your photo or you can make an update on this app that allows for all non dual cameras and dual camera phones, ( iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X and upcoming Apple phones, .etc), and then I will give this app a 5 stars, but I’m not saying this is a bad app looking for lots of money, it seems like a great app but I want this apps abilities to be available on non dual cameras too.
Focos is based on dual camera iPhone. It's very difficult for everyone including Apple and Google to provide a perfect way to get the depth of field from single camera system. But I'll try it in this summer. Thank you.
- Xiaodong Wang
- 50.5 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017-2018 focos.me
- In-App Purchases
- Lifetime unlimited access $10.99
- Monthly subscription $0.99
- Yearly subscription $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.