Reason8 is an AI-powered voice note app for automated note-taking and summary preparation for in-person meetings working on multiple smartphones. Its advanced voice recording to text makes it one of the best digital note taking and voice to text transcription apps.
Advanced meetings transcript and summaries
To start, just host a meeting and tell your colleagues the meeting ID. Then focus on the discussion, not on taking the notes. After the meeting is over - use the app or switch to our web client at reason8.ai for the convenience of keyboard editing to create meeting minutes.
What the media are saying about Reason8:
“A tool that can automatically list any tasks so you don’t have to go back and pick them out of your notes” - TechCrunch
“If you take a lot of notes for business or in your personal life, you can streamline the whole process with reason8. This is going to make your life easier.” - Gadget Review
Finally focus completely on meetings
Have you ever had a situation when you have to take notes during an exciting discussion being afraid not to capture all important facts and ideas? Now you and your colleagues can easily record everything and focus on the discussion instead on taking notes.
With Reason8 you can transcribe audio and stay engaged through the meeting and rapidly put together meeting summaries, minutes, and follow-ups.
If you are interested in the enterprise solution please visit reason8.ai or drop us a line at email@example.com.
- Automated note-taking and transcribe audio to save all information from in-person meetings
- Speech recognition with punctuation and speaker identification for your meeting notes supporting multiple languages
- Provides a handy AI service that transcribes voice to text, automates creating meeting summaries and minutes
- Provides a record of the meeting and super accurate speech notes
- Create meeting minutes on the Web at https://reason8.ai for the convenience of keyboard editing
- Facilitates collaboration with shareable notes and meeting minutes
To get better note-taking quality:
- Place all phones in the same room on a table near their owners
- Keep the devices (and participants) stable while recording
Visit reason8.ai to view the latest help articles, ask questions, and leave suggestions for future improvements. Or just email us your feedback directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
With the Reason8 Free Plan, you get:
• Unlimited number of meeting records
• Each record limited to 15 minutes
• Data synced across all your devices
Upgrade to PRO Plan to get even more:
• Unlimited meeting duration
• Prioritized email support
• Highest quality transcription
• Choose between $29.99 billed monthly or $239.99 billed annually
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off no later than 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the monthly/yearly billing price as stated above
• You can manage your subscriptions in Settings. Auto-renewal may be turned off in your Account Settings after the purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will reset when you purchase a subscription
We take security and privacy very seriously. Your data is synced over an encrypted connection and stored in a secure cloud environment. The conversations you record and store in your Reason8 account will never be shared with anyone for advertising purposes. We only access account-level user data for troubleshooting purposes in response to user queries. You have full control of your data and can delete them from your Reason8 account any time.
- Stability improvements and minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
This app is great for anyone who is involved in a lot of meetings. You can concentrate on what is happening and let reason8 take the notes and create action items for you.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your kind words! We really appreciate your feedback
Unclear about what this app is
This app claims to be a tool for converting speech to text.
In reality, it is for hosting and recording meetings then transcribing.
As far as I can tell, it is useless for personal use. If you are a solo professional, steer clear of this. You will waste your time with an app that is trying to connect multiple cell phones rather than doing what it claims : audio to text.
Useless time waster for those of us who work solo and need a transcriber.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for your feedback. You are right - reason8 works better for in-person meetings with muliple participants. But you can record yourself - just host a meeting with a single participant and start recording.
Please, feel free to contact us in case of any questions.
Promising tech in frustratingly bad shell
The app shows promising feature. But the bad UX makes it unusable for day to day usage:
Frustrating registration process doesn’t allow me to use secure password generated by system or 1Password. It’s just return Provide Valid Value if you paste the pass.
App not optimized for buttonless iPhones. Speakers number modal (why does it even a modal?) covers home bar. Play buttons are unusable since they also cover home bar. And drag means app switching...
No mentions of paid subscription whatsoever UNTIL you try get meeting recorded. In front of all people. This forcing UI is horrible. Like IRS scam calls. Even before showing any value.
Swipe to go back gesture opens android-like menu, instead of actually getting user back.
Androin-like Join meeting and Host meeting menu should be the one screen instead of two different. And one option should be chosen by defaults. This is iOS, not android.
It will take you 6 taps and 4 screens before you actually will start meeting recording. You have to read all those text before make those decisions.
There’s no way to exit meeting without saying anything.
Paywall screen doesn’t provide exit possibility. This cross in top right corner isn’t active.
Developer Response ,
Wow, thank you so much for such detailed feedback. We really appreciate your advice. Don't you want to become one of our testers or product advisors? Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Meanwhile, we will do our best to fix things that you mentioned.
The reason why this app is a bit complicated to start - is that to get a usable transcript for an in-person meeting with multiple participants one needs multiple phones/microphones. We created advanced tech that works in hard conditions and now we create a product for it. We hope that even with such experience, you still have had a chance to record a meeting and get the result. We will be glad to see you again and hear more thoughts about potential improvement.
- Reason8, Inc.
- 47.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Reason8 Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Reason8 PRO monthly $29.99
- Reason8 PRO annual $239.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.