You sank my battleship!
The official version of the classic Hasbro board game of naval combat is now on mobile! Challenge other players in Classic Mode or in the all-new Commanders Mode - a fast-paced, strategic and tactical variation. Play with unique naval commanders and use resources to activate powerful special abilities that will secure you a win as you wage war on the high seas.
Hasbro's BATTLESHIP features:
- Faithful conversion of the classic board game
- Head-to-head combat
- Sink your opponent’s fleet before they sink yours
- Call your shot and fire!
- BATTLESHIP with a twist!
- A brand new, more tactical variation of the game
- 3 new core abilities that shake up the strategic possibilities each turn
- Unique special abilities for each Commander
- New ship shapes to improve gameplay and the fun factor
- Battle with commanders from throughout the ages
- Each commander’s fleets feature unique and authentic art for each of the many warships! Watch as they come together in an epic clash of civilizations!
- Deploy your fleet to every corner of the world and battle in epic arenas inspired by historical naval battles!
MISSIONS AND RANKS
- Complete missions to earn medals, rank up and become the ultimate commander of the fleet!
- Battle against AI Commanders and raise your game before heading into multiplayer!
- Take on a world of commanders all battling to have the last fleet standing and prove that you have what it takes to conquer the oceans!
Join us in Hasbro's BATTLESHIP now, and set sail for adventure, battle and glory!
BATTLESHIP is a trademark of Hasbro and is used with permission. © 2018 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.
Hello BATTLESHIP players!
We’ve been actively listening to your feedback and the result is a big update with lots of new features and improvements! Here’s what this update has got in store for you:
- NEW FREE COMMANDER & ARENA: Giuseppe Ferrara and Fort St. Angelo
- NEW FEATURES:
- Play With Friends - You can now invite friends to play with you! Share a simple code or invite your Facebook friends and sink their ships before they sink yours.
- Enemy Grid Reveal - The game will now show you the enemy’s grid and ship locations at the end of the game, in case of a defeat.
- 2 NEW PREMIUM COMMANDERS & ARENAS: Queen Euryleia and Sir Phillip Wade, Colossus Bay and White Cliffs of Dover
...And plenty of bug fixes to make your game more stable!
Ratings and Reviews
Obviously this game has to be compared to the previous iteration of Battleship, and it’s that comparison that makes this only so-so.
On the good side; game play is very fast, graphics are sharp and the game seems to be stable.
But some pretty big knocks on the minus side. The biggie, gameplay itself uses some optional multi-shot rules (get a bonus shot after every hit) I don’t really care for. And it ONLY uses this odd rule for “classic” game play. I miss the old “salvo” rule of one shot per ship afloat.
I also don’t immediately see how to choose a player name? Weird. I’m sure I’ll figure that out.
After living with this for a couple weeks I have a couple additional gripes. First, when playing sequential games, especially after forfeiting a game, a crash is almost a sure thing.
Second, which explains why the first one matters, this game CHEATS something awful. I know this is common with AIs because mostly, computers are stupid. But the cheating here is shameful; you get a follow up shot when ever you score a hit. Well, depending on where you hit, a follow up shot at the same target should normally have a 25-50% of scoring a hit. The ap hits easily 80-90% of the time.
At this point, I call it unplayable against the AI.
This game is fun but it is very irritating to me that when I want to play an online game, if the other person doesn’t click play and you already have, then you are left sitting there waiting. It doesn’t give an option to skip to another person or back out and you have to completely close the app and restart. Then you can end up matched to the same person who still doesn’t accept so you have to redo this over and over. If they don’t except within like 30 seconds you should automatically be repaired with someone else. Otherwise I really enjoy this game. Especially the commanders mode.
Addicting and fun
I like nice short games with mindless fun and this fits the bill. There is some strategy in commanders mode which I play the most. I didn’t write five stars only because I have not played in online mode. The other reason is that when I play in commanders mode, I’m unable to move my cursor in my arsenal for sonar and bombardment. There seems to be a glitch so its frustrating when I want to use them in my game and I can’t place them properly.
- Marmalade Game Studio Limited
- 686.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- BATTLESHIP is a trademark of Hasbro and is used with permission. © 2018 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Astrid Stormur $2.99
- Frédéric Potier $2.99
- Euryleia $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.