This Jazz and Blues sampler has over 20 prepared rhythm track arrangements of "Song Rhythm Tracks" (SRT) - studio-ready, musician’s rhythm tracks arranged for your songs. Select, download and play 4 tracks using this App. More available via in-app purchasing.
Composed entirely of a rhythmic backing (no melody or harmony) and arranged for a song's musical form, there's no better way to receive quality audio, bespoke rhythmic backing - Easily and Quickly. This drumming is alive and it's so easy to select and play.
No need to sequence drum loops and all that time-consuming programming! Simply select your song's arrangement of rhythm and form, press 'save' and you receive a top-quality audio, bespoke rhythmic backing track. Add it to your set list, for practice or performance. Share your song selections, and others’, from within the app.
Whether you are a new, intermediate or experienced musician you will love using this App. It great for learning new tunes, jamming, gigging and cutting a release.
Finest Quality Audio Backing - These audio tracks are sequenced from the very best high-quality audio of real artist interpretations. They have been recorded and mastered at multiple tempos and the arrangements take into account song sections, bridges, middle choruses, introductions, and endings. The drumming keeps the energy flowing as it spells all this out from the introduction to the ending.
Alive Drumming currently supports over 60 different rhythmic categories, including over 250 distinct rhythms. Of these, most are available with differing instrumentation such as ‘rim’ shots or, say, wooden blocks, and many at multiple tempos. In all, over 3,700 different rhythm tracks are available.
Here is a small sample of the styles represented:
Jazz, swing, straight 8th, modern, sophisticated, old-time
American Country styles, including Nashville
American Blues, shuffles, hard shuffles, old-time, slow, fast
Salsa, Samba, Rumba, mambo, tango, salsa, samba, rumba, merengue, bolero, bomba
Bossa, Jazz Bossa Brushes, Latin Bossa with bongos & percussion
Techno, various forms
Rock, hard rock, heavy, metal
Pop, straight 8th, straight 16th, slow, medium, fast
jazz, country, folk, latin, rock, pop,
smooth jazz, soul, reggae, Celtic, Bossa, waltz, cha-cha, hip-hop, disco, fusion, funk, praise, techno, march, polka,
- Complete tracks with count-in, introduction section, multiple choruses and characteristic endings
- Simple, fast selection of a song's form - no learning arranging or sequencing
- User-defined song form option allows you to select backing for any song
- Song sharing facility making song selection even easier
- Musician's Player with precise tempo control, large buttons, displaying the musical form and rhythm, and section-wise progress tracking
- Multiple Setlists facility providing reordering of tracks and playing entire setlist with configurable inter-track delay.
- The App comes with an allocation of 4 of your tracks to download and top-ups available via In-App purchases.
Step by step written instruction available at
Video instruction on using is available at
Alive Drumming is dedicated to bringing the very best rhythmic backing to the world, in it’s most convenient and inspiring form. We strive to cover rhythms for all genres of popular music, from jazz, country, folk, latin, rock, pop and eventually including everything else. We aim to serve every continent, nation, and culture. If your style of music isn’t represented, and you’d like it to be and you play the drums or percussion, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3rd RELEASE FOR 2018 - The Giant Panda Release
This release includes features requested by the community -
- SetList Sharing - Share your setlists in a similar way to sharing tracks
- Search for SetLists - Download an entire album of tracks shared by others. Very handy for your rehearsals
- All samplers now can be downloaded as setlists. Simply perform a setlist search for any of these names, "Afro-Cuban Salsa", "Jazz and Blues", and "Classic Country Music". You receive all the track definitions (in the "deferred" state) and you can choose at any time to download any of the tracks.
- Reworked Search - More stable + Allows for more functions during search, such as duplication + Auto-browse to last track accessed at the conclusion of search.
- Introducing Holds and Pushes - add holds and pushes to your arrangements. Accessible via the user-defined arrangements page.
- Stability improvements.
- Guides updated -
This Sampler pack includes over 20 arrangements of Jazz and Blues standards.
ARRANGEMENTS INCLUDED WITH THIS RELEASE
Song For My Father - 4 choruses of 24-bar AAB (as 8|8/8 bars) with no intro' and no ending, using a Rock Bossa at 140 bpm
The Way You Look Tonight - 3 choruses of 68-bar AABC (as 16|16/16|20) with an 8-bar intro' and no ending, using a modern Jazz rhythm at 210 bpm
Blue Monk - 6 choruses of 12-bar Blues (3 x 4-bar phrases) with no intro' and a 4-bar ending, using a Bluesy shuffle at 100 bpm
Georgia On My Mind - 4 choruses of 32-bar AABA (as 8|8/8|8 bars) with an 8-bar intro' and no ending, using a Bluesy, slow swinging rhythm at 65 bpm
Blame It On My Youth - 4 choruses of 32-bar A1A2 (16|16 bars) with no intro' and no ending, using a slow swinging Jazz ballad rhythm, with a 2-feel during the middle choruses, at 45 bpm
Blue Bossa - 6 choruses of a 16-bar Tune (with 4 x 4-bar phrases) with an 8-bar intro' and no ending, using a groovin' funky rhythm at 110 bpm
Fly Me To The Moon - 4 choruses of stanard 32-bar A1A2 (as 16|16) with an 8-bar intro' and a 10-bar ending, using a swinging light pop rhythm at 130 bpm
Bye Bye Blackbird - 4 choruses of a user-defined form (16/8/8 bars) with an 8-bar intro' and a 4-bar ending, using a standard Jazz brushes rhythm at 120 bpm
Dearly Beloved - 5 choruses of a user-defined form (8|8|8|8) with no intro' and an 8-bar ending, using a straight ahead Jazz rhythm at 146 bpm
All Blues - 3 choruses of a user-defined form (12|12) with no intro' and no ending, using a 6/8 country pop and rock rhythm
Just Friends - as a Cha Cha - 5 choruses of 32-bar A1A2 form (16|16) with no intro' and no ending, using a regular Cha Cha rhythm at 135 bpm
On Green Dolphin Street - 3 choruses of 32-bar A1A2 (16|16 bars) with a 12-bar intro' and an 8-bar ending, using alternating Bossa and Swing rhythms at 145 bpm
Take the ""A"" Train - 5 choruses of 32-bar A1A2 (16|16 bars) with an 8-bar intro' and no ending, using a straight ahead Jazz style at 146 bpm
All The Things You Are - 3 choruses of 36-bar ABC (16/8|12 bars) with an 8-bar intro' and no ending, using a swinging Jazz rhythm at 120 bpm
How High The Moon - 4 choruses of 32-bar A1A2 (16|16 bars) with no intro' and no ending, using a straight ahead Jazz rhythm at 100 bpm
Almost Like Being In Love - 4 choruses of 36-bar ABC (16/8|12 bars) with no intro' and no ending, using a standard swinging 8th rhythm at 145 bpm
St. Thomas - 3 choruses of a 16-bar Tune (4 x 4-bar phrases) with no intro' and a 4-bar ending, using a Merengue Tipico Salsa rhythm at 130 bpm
How Insensitive - 4 choruses of 32-bar A1A2 form (16|16 bars) with no intro' and a 4-bar ending, using a sophisticated Latin Bossa at 120 bpm
Stormy Weather - 3 choruses of 32-bar AABA (8|8/8|8) with a 4-bar intro' and no ending, using a slow swinging 8th Jazz rhythm at 50 bpm
Moonlight In Vermont - 3 choruses of a user-defined form (3 x 6|6|8|8 bars) with no intro' and a 2-bar ending, using a standard swinging Jazz brushes rhythm at 70 bpm
- ePatterns Pty Ltd
- 454 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Alive Drumming
- In-App Purchases
- 100 track bundle $12.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.