The #1 ranked mobile JRPG from Japan – now available in English!
A new Shin Megami Tensei game brought to you by SEGA!
Take on the role of a Devil Downloader, also known as Dx2s.
Dx2s are able to summon and command demons using a special smartphone app.
Led by a mysterious man, you gain this power yourself and become a member of the Liberators. As part of this secret organization that fights to protect the world, you find yourself caught up in a battle between opposing factions of Dx2s.
The enemy is known only as the Acolytes.
Driven by their own ideology, they are one of the other Dx2 factions. Secretly they are eliminating people with high empathy quotients (EP) who pose a threat to their goals.
Pick up your smartphones and join us in the quest to protect the world from the evil Acolytes.
- Use Fusion and Summons to obtain new and powerful demons.
- Press Turn battle systems.
- Collect demons, customize your Party and use different tactics to defeat your opponents.
Massive amounts of demons to collect!
- Collect more than 160 different demons from the original series.
- High quality 3D graphics bring classic demons to life like never before!
- Each demon has its own Skills. Strengthen and Transfer them to defeat powerful enemies.
Augmented Reality ready
- Bring your demons to life with the Augmented Reality (AR) mode.
- Pose and take pictures with demons you have collected.
Gameplay systems optimized for mobile
- Enhance, Evolve and Awaken different Archetypes to further strengthen your demons.
- Help out fellow Dx2s in their fight with the Battle Assist feature.
- Auto Battle and Fast Forward functions make it even easier to battle on the go!
Feature-packed for hours of fun!
- Deep JRPG storytelling. Explore modern Tokyo, including places such as Akihabara, Shinjuku and Kudanshita.
- Investigate the Aura Gate to find valuable materials.
- Participate in seasonal events for rewards and materials to make your Party even stronger.
- Face off against other Player’s demons in “Dx2 Battle” PVP mode.
Japanese voice acting
- Fully-voiced gameplay in the original Japanese language.
Original Work: ATLUS
Script: Makoto Fukami
Character Design: Tatsuro Iwamoto
Official Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/d2megaten.official/
Official Website: https://d2-megaten-l.sega.jp/en
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
While it looks like the game is trying it’s hardest to get you to spend some money, it’s not. You don’t need premium currency to progress. Energy is fair and plentiful. Farming is a key part of the game. The game does so many things write that it makes up for the things it does wrong. About what it does wrong though. The game isn’t generous. It doesn’t hold your hand for even a second. Yes, the starting levels are easy but it gradually grows harder and harder. This requires you to farm previous levels (particularly the leveling ones) to progress. The plus the fact that you can get more creatures for more experience is more than enough to make up for that flaw. The game also has flaws in terms of glitches. They do not break the game but it’s not recommended to play on a wobbly internet connection. This game is well polished but it does take quite a drain on the battery though. It doesn’t matter because this game is worth it. It’s really fun and kills time more than anything (even some MOBAs). This game is definitely going in a good direction.
The graphics are great. I LOVE the artwork put into every character and every scene. I also love how characters are based off religious entities, legends, folklore, etc. It’s very diverse and each demon has a description, explaining which culture it originates from plus its background story. It seems like you need to pay to play, but you really don’t need to at all. Most games insist on it, especially to progress. This game, not really. The game is generous with energy and currency as long as you put effort into collecting useful items and leveling up. There’s so much to say about how cool this game is that it would take way too long to type it all out. Plus it’s better for you to find out for yourself— no spoilers! Oh, yeah, and it’s extremely entertaining, and for that, probably well worth your time. I’ve spent hours at a time just going through the main storyline (and there’s a ton of side storylines you can enjoy too). I don’t regret any time I’ve spent in gameplay. Super fun.
Amazing Game, but Could Do More With VR
So far, I love the game. It reminds me so much of Persona 3 Portable. While there may be in app purchases, it is not needed to play the game and do well.
I love the VR mode, but I think it would be cool if more was done with this. Like Pokemon Go, you could walk around with your phone, and get a notification of a “nearby demon.” As long as you are in the general area you can fight the demons, talk to them, etc. It would give you items, experience, or a new demon. You would not have to have your phone on and out, and demons would not show on a map, but as long as you have location services and notifications on, you can come across a demon.
In addition, you could also maybe come across other people with the app who were in that location at some point. You could friend them, and choosing to interact with their demon will give you all the info on that demon. Like strengths, weaknesses, nulls, etc.
- SEGA CORPORATION
- 276.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- In-App Purchases
- Mega Gem Pack I $3.99
- Mega Gem Pack II $12.99
- Special Launch Pack $47.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.