D'efekt is a creative playground.
The only app that has movement reacting effects. All of them are the result of collaboration with various artists. Everything works in real-time. You don’t need cumbersome tools to create awesome videos. Just point and shoot. Distort the reality. Dazzle.
13 unique effects and counting.
Tag your videos on instagram with #madewithdefekt and we might feature it on @dfkt.co and our website
New effects and features are added every couple of weeks. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com
How to use:
- Shoot with camera or import videos
- Hold the camera as still as possible
- Swipe to change effects
- Adjust effects while recording
- Combine multiple effects
- Save or share
- Swipe up or down on the camera screen to restore purchases
- new magic effect for Christmas
- new addition to spring: overlay on video
- fixed video import for some specific cases
Ratings and Reviews
Meh. Limited and expensive.
I was first excited to try out this app for motion-based video effects. As it turns out, it’s quite limited compared to other apps. The effects offer little more than novelty value that wears off quickly.
The clunky interface seems amateurish compared to other less expensive, more flexible video apps.
Then there’s pricing. Why is the latest effect triple the cost of others? Will the effects be more expensive as they’re developed? Or are the developers charging more for it because they said it’s “good for Halloween”, which fell within days of releasing the effect?
Amazing effects, vertical video only!?
This is an amazing app, but unless I’m just stupid, I can’t see any option for regular, non-grandparents at a soccer match with an ipad video orientation.
If I take a video and import it it saves it sideways making it totally useless. If I take a video in the app it has poor focusing and is vertical only.
This app would be perfect if it was made for things outside of snapchat.
Developer Response ,
Hi. You actually can import and save horizontal videos))). When applying effect to imported video just rotate the phone to videos orientation, then record it. Thank you for your feedback, we will fix it in future update and make the process more intuitive.
Leagues beyond every other effects app I’ve tried. Allows me to make stuff I actually want to show people. One request to the dev(s) is to allow for importing of photos. Right now the import button only goes to my videos, even when I’m in the photo mode. Still an amazing app though
- Tatevik Gasparyan
- 37.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).
- English, French, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 defekt
- In-App Purchases
- Remove watermark permanently $3.99
- Light Effect $1.99
- Flame Effect $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.