PRIXM is a movement taking back the power of tech to enable real connection through stories. It is more than a social media app.
Powered by your stories and real connections, PRIXM is a “happy” app focused on you. We reject algorithms, “likes”, ads, and selling of personal information; our only focus is to empower you to document your life, and create communities that you care about.
•Document your story for yourself and your loved ones.
•Your story, your way—options to make individual posts public, private, or personal.
•Storyline—vertical or horizontal chronological storylines with posts of images, text, video, or audio.
•Storytelling prompts—optional prompts assist in documenting the things that matter most, the things that make you who you are.
•Simplified design to eliminate distraction—the focus is on you and your content. The beautifully minimal design keeps your space feeling clean and genuine.
•True connections—a newsfeed in chronological order to connect with and follow the people important to you.
•Organize what you see—create newsfeed filters so you can look at what you want, when you want.
•Create communities—respond via text, picture, or video in groups and chats to strengthen relationships.
•Healthy stopping points—no infinite scrolling to ensure you stay in control of your experience.
•No algorithms. No numbers. No ads.
PRIXM empowers individuals and communities.
As parents, business owners, and friends, we’ve been deeply concerned with the effects of traditional social media. To help combat this, we’ve partnered with THE NEW NORM, a non-profit that educates communities on the harmful effects of social media, and empowers them to create true connection.
- most notification badges are now cleared when you view notifications in the Notifications list so that you don't have to inspect every post, new follower, etc. to clear badges
- fixed a problem with the app freezing up sometimes when viewing a video post
- fixed a problem with @mentions looking wonky sometimes
Ratings and Reviews
Everything I Really Wanted from Social Media
It’s clear that the app developers truly spent a long time figuring out what makes social media great and what doesn’t. It’s simply a place to share your life and connect with other people, without having to compete in a popularity contest.
This app has features I didn’t even know I craved. Features that, now that I have them, I never want to let go of, like:
- I love that I can retroactively post and the photos fit into their proper date on the storyline.
- I like that there is no grid, because I used to feel like new photos on Instagram should “fit” into my grid. Now, I don’t care if they all have the same filter or not.
- I love the journal prompts and how you can choose different types of entries (photo, journal, sound recording, etc).
- I LOVE that you can designate family and friends and then filter your newsfeed to show only those.
- I love that there is no algorithm
- I love that it doesn’t show number of likes or followers
Five starts because the app is a truly amazing and wonderful app.
However, I would like to see a few things, like:
- ability to do simple edits to pictures (brightness, rotation, etc.)
- multiple photos in one entry
- tag people in posts
- a spot to add a location, if not geotagging
Oh, hey there! This is big! Like, really BIG! I can tell a lot of research, planning, and design went into making this first-rate app. Prixm takes everything we have learned about social media, kicks out all the bad parts, and brings more light and happiness to all the good parts! ✨ Truly, Prixm is the social media platform the world is absolutely starving for. A place where all your family and friends can connect safely and happily. Never ads or algorithms. No numbers or comparisons. Can I get a hallelujah?! It’s an app made for the people by the people. It’s a happy place to flawlessly tell your life story privately, with family and friends, in private groups, or publicly. You choose how you share. I can’t wait to see the upward and joyous change this app will make in our social media lives! It’s about time! Thank you! ✨💛✨
A thoughtful way to connect
I wondered at first what PRIXM would add that I don’t get through Instagram (apart from not using algorithms to influence who/what I see or ads), but I’ve found that, for me, there’s something about this app that prompts a greater deal of thoughtfulness and openness. Instead of just posting pictures with a snappy caption, I’m really thinking about what and why I’m posting each picture, what those moments mean to me, and why I want to remember them. It’s incredibly refreshing. I hadn’t realized how some of my other social media habits and consumption had been affecting me until I started using this app. I can actually feel the difference. Thank you for making such a thoughtful and “happy” app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.