*****Featured as one of the 10 Great Gifts for Travelers by Forbes*****
*****Featured as one of the 10 Best Travel Tips of All Time by Condé Nast Traveler*****
Do you feel discomfort during flight?
Do you just feel bored on board the airplane?
Or, perhaps, you love to fly and just want to learn more about the aviation and understand it better?
SkyGuru provides passengers with detailed explanations of everything happening in flight in real time, and keeps you busy on board.
Imagine sitting next to a pilot who could explain every sound, every turn, every sensation you are feeling, notified you about any upcoming turbulent areas, and just turned your flying experience into a conscious process. SkyGuru – is your personal guide in the world of aviation.
SkyGuru was created by a professional pilot and fear of flying therapist Alex Gervash. The app receives information about your flight from professional aviation sources used by airlines. Next, SkyGuru combines the data from your iPhone sensors and the program algorithms to recognize flight stages and accompanies you the entire journey. It supports, teaches, comments on, and explains everything that’s going on during the flight, all in real time and in a flight mode.
Available for free:
- Aviation weather forecast and its explanations for departure and arrival airports.
- Turbulence forecast for the shortest route between two airports.
Available with flights purchases:
NEW! Interesting facts about the points of interest that you are flying over;
NEW! Offline map, showing an approximate location of your airplane and route. This location is calculated and does not require GPS or internet.
NEW! Video course by Alex Gervash - SkyGuru’ founder, that will decrease any fear of flying (on flights >1,5 hrs).
NEW! GIF images illustrating how airplane mechanisms work in real time.
NEW! Seat recommendations on board according to aircraft’s sunny / shadow side and a possibility to see a beautiful sunset / sunrise.
- Forecasts of most turbulent areas en route, including approximate time of entry into and duration of each.
- Description of weather conditions at the departure and arrival airports and explanations of how they may affect your sensations.
- Calculation of the actual flight time considering current winds already 24 hrs prior to your flight
- Real time explanations of most sounds and “dipping / falling through” sensations which could worry the passengers.
- Warnings about higher probability for going around due to current weather conditions.
- Turbulence graph and current G-force values created by turbulence, as well as their difference from the overloads that the airplane is meant to withstand.
- Flight speed and altitude, given a stable GPS signal (usually, available at a window seat).
- Airplane’s nose positions relative to the horizon and airplane’s maximum bank angles when entering a turn.
- 3D airplane model of its relative position in space considering banks and turbulence.
- Notification about expected manoeuvres soon after take-off and shortly before landing.
- Explanations of cabin procedures that passengers often wonder about, such as: “why does the light blink,” “why do we open window blinds”. All in real time.
- Unique helpful methods and exercises that to assist passengers in overcoming fear and making their flight more comfortable.
1. Speed and altitude are only available with GPS signal.
2. The app is designed to be used ONLY on a REAL flight.
3. If you have any questions, we are always happy to assist 24/7.. Please contact our support BEFORE submitting a review.
4. Continuous use of GPS when running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Small UI changes
Ratings and Reviews
Waste of Money
All the app would do on the plane was continuously power down. Needs some bug fixes. I was really looking forward to this app while flying, but ended up being very disappointed. I want my $ back.
I would let the app run for about 30 minutes prior to the flight as instructed. Once on the air plane I switched to airplane mode as instructed, 5 seconds later the app closed and sent me back to my home screen. I would pull the app up again and after about 5 seconds the app would again close automatically and bring me to my home screen..This was very frustrating..Waste of money ! Wish I could get a refund and tell everyone not to purchase this app !
please let us know more details. What went wrong? Did you use earphones?
Downloaded and paid for my current flight. Upon loading my flight the app subsequently crashes and upon reopening crashes again. Can’t get the app to stay open, once loading my flight, more than 5 seconds before it crashes.
we need more details to investigate. Which iphone did you use? which ios? do you have enough free memory on your device?
I think the idea is great but it never found my flight. I had to invent a time and it really became like a Demo.. would not recommend to buy this st this stage. Wait at least 1 year.
Thank you for letting us know. Please provide more information - what flight number did you use ? Did you use an airline prefix? And, if you can not find your flight by it's flight number for some reason - we got a backup. Just follow the link "can not find my flight" at the bottom and set manually airports and departure time - it will make the job. Anyway, feel free to contact our support , we're there 24/7
- SkyGuru Inc.
- 104.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Hebrew, Russian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © SkyGuru Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 flight with SkyGuru $3.99
- 3 flights with SkyGuru $9.99
- 10 flights with SkyGuru $16.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.