The next evolution in music software. Powerful wavetable sound.
The next generation ELECTRIBE produces state-of-the-art dance music.
The ELECTRIBE series first appeared in 1999. Since then each generation has inherited the iconic, intuitive operability of the original while incorporating the most up-to-date sounds and styles.
The ease of use, accessibility, sound and musicality of the ELECTRIBE reach new heights in this latest software version which features a powerful wavetable sound source, a “Quick Input” sequencer and a convenient chord pad that allows you to play a chord with one finger. Even if you aren't a musical virtuoso, with ELECTRIBE Wave you can create state-of-the-art dance music like EDM, Future Bass, and Trap.
• Powerful wavetable sound suitable for the latest in EDM
ELECTRIBE Wave has a sound wavetable featuring sounds widely used in the latest music creation. Unlike a PCM synth, the wavetable allows you to repeatedly play fragments of short waveforms, and change the waveform position during playback. By combining the wavetable (which features a rich variety of presets) with a powerful filter and two modulation units, you can create an infinite number of innovative and sharp sounds that cannot be produced using standard PCM synths. Even without a deep knowledge of synthesis techniques, the carefully selected parameters make it easy to craft your sound.
• Improved user interface for quick composition
The familiar 16-step pad in the ELECTRIBE series enables speedy rhythm production. The ELECTRIBE Wave also features a new keyboard to play chords and scales. Even without musical knowledge, you can have fun making tracks without worrying about wrong notes. The sequencer features Groove, which can be used to breathe life into rhythm parts, as well as a special keyboard to enable smooth step input for synth parts on the graphical user interface.
• Convenient chord pad that allows you to play a chord with one finger
ELECTRIBE Wave features a chord pad that allows you to play chords with one finger. If you use the "Fetch" function, it will automatically extract the chords from the song that you are in in the middle of creating and assign those chords to the pad for fast and easy song creation. You can also easily assign and save your favorite chords. In addition you can use the arpeggiator to create new phrases!
• Motion Sequence records and plays temporal changes in sounds and effects
The ELECTRIBE series introduced a powerful motion sequence function that remembers and reproduces the movements of the knobs. ELECTRIBE Wave now offers this function for the synthesizer/drum parts so you can create a flow of sound overflowing with originality. If you use the built in KAOSS PAD you can change the sound to drastically with a single fingertip, easily storing and reproducing temporal changes. Remember the wave table POSITION to make real time minute changes to the sound performance.
• Song mode can combine patterns into finished songs
Use song mode to create a new track by simply arranging the order of existing patterns. Using only the ELECTRIBE Wave, you can take a song all the way from inspiration to completion. With audio file export, you can send a complete song or individual patterns to your favorite DAW, or upload to services like SoundCloud.
More info at korg.com
Knob values are now reset on double-tap.
Issue causing an unintended click sound in some timbres has been addressed.
Ratings and Reviews
Thought there would be some real wavetable magic here. Boring, cliche, already sounds outdated with the sequences and beats. Thought this was a wavetable synth, as well. Stick with Waldorfs Nave. Anything PPG as well. Or, even Korgs Wavestation iOS app that doesn't let you exchange programs with the VSTi like iM1 does. Jeez....
In which point do you feel boring? Could you please tell us your opinion via our Help Center?
I'll share your iWAVESTATION request with the dev team.
KORG app team
Nice job Korg
Overall an outstanding new addition to the Electribe series.
The only requests I would make are to allow importing more drum kits or user samples, and possibly user wavetables.
Maybe some kind of additional integration with Gadget, but overall really fun and impressive. :)
Thank you for the review.
I'll share your requests with the dev team.
KORG app team
One day it may be good
First, the quality of sound is good. I like the GUI def love the automation sequencer. BUT there are so many shortcomings.
No midi out? No gadget support?(not even for the synth part?)
Imy biggest gripe,SUPPORT YOUR OWN HARDWARE. While the nanokey studio and keys have great gadget suppport and original Electribe support this apps support of hardware is totally dim.
Thank you for the review.
I'll share your feature requests with the dev team.
KORG app team
- KORG INC.
- 128.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation).
- English, Arabic, Armenian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 KORG INC.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.