Blewbury is a community media app - a social network hosted, owned, and run by the community of Blewbury, Oxfordshire - for the local community.
It offers many of the features users of social media will be familiar with:
- a news feed; into which selected local groups can publish and anyone can share and comment
- a community wall; onto which anyone can post
- direct friend-to-friend messaging
- links to local business, groups and audio/ video content, an events list... and more to come
The aim is to bring together much of the content that currently exists in the Blewbury bulletin, and across WhatsApp & Facebook groups - into one place.
The app is powered by a UK company called Disciple Media, which also hosts communities for health secretary Matt Hancock, musicians such as The Rolling Stones, YouTubers such as KSI, and a growing number of niche publishers.
Free to download and free to use, the app is hosted and funded by Blewbury resident Matt Phillips.
Thank you for using the Blewbury app. This update includes minor bug fixes to improve your user experience.
- PPR Consulting Limited
- 75.9 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Blewbury 2018
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.