Do you want to learn Italian quickly and have fun doing it? Learn Italian + by Vidalingua is the fastest way to understand and speak Italian. Skip the boring stuff and immerse yourself in real-life conversations you can use in the classroom or on a trip. Learn Italian + includes 101 lessons, 1190 phrases and 3536 exercises to help you become fluent in Italian.
Vidalingua is the leading developer of language apps with over 11 million users. See what other have to say.
“Very useful and user friendly app.”
“Easy to use. Completely intuitive. And surprisingly comprehensive.”
“I just could not ask for a better app! Highly recommended!”
“I am a private tutor and I am excited to use this app with my students.”
“This app is a lifesaver!”
The Vidalingua Method
While other apps waste time on vocabulary and grammar you rarely need, Learn Italian + jumps right to lessons that you can use immediately. Start by learning Greetings, Essentials and Questions to get a conversation started. Progress to helpful lessons such as Airports, Hotels and Directions. Make the most of your travels with lessons such as Museums, Movies and Making Friends.
Understanding & Speaking
Understanding Italian is a good start but speaking is critical. Learn Italian + provides advanced speech recognition to help you master pronunciation. Practice speaking at your own pace until you build the confidence to talk to others.
Some of the lessons in Learn Italian + teach the basics such as telling Time, using the Subway or Eating Out. Others are unique and amusing such as Limousines, Hot Tubs, Pick-up Lines and Rejections. Each phrase you’ll learn includes fun exercises to keep you engaged and improve retention. A learning companion (Panda) provides helpful tips and encourages you along the way.
• 101 lessons for real-life situations like taking Taxis, arriving at a Hostel or asking about the Weather. Unique lessons such as On a Boat, Surfing and Compliments to the Chef. Fun lessons such as Flirting and Swearing.
• 1190 useful phrases such as “Can you speak slowly?” and “Where is the closest cash machine?”. Entertaining phrases such as “Do you come here often? Not if you do.”
• Vocabulary exercises to help you master Numbers, Menus, even Cocktails.
• Audio pronunciation of words and sentences. Choose from multiple accents and set speed.
• Select favorite Italian phrases to create your own study list or improve your vocabulary.
• Word Jumble Exercises challenge you to order words in a phrase correctly.
• Pronunciation Exercises with advanced speech recognition to determine if you said a phrase correctly.
• Multiple Choice Exercises to recognize the correct translations of a phrase.
• Set goals for yourself and track your learning progress.
• Notifications for Phrase of the Day and Streaks.
Terms & Conditions
• Learn Italian + includes 11 free lessons and 101 lessons with a subscription.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at the end of the trial period.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Terms of Service
Learn Italian fast and have fun doing it. Download Learn Italian + today!
Comments & questions are welcome.
VidaLingua, bringing language apps to life! ©
- Added visual cues for right and wrong exercise answers.
- Added Continue button to help navigation between exercises.
- Fixed issue causing pronunciation exercise to fail for some phrases.
- Moved help alerts to chat bubbles for Panda learning companion.
- Changed microphone usage to tap to start, tap again to stop.
- Added alert to phrase pronunciation when volume off.
- Changed action screen components to blue.
- Improved several aspects of Multiple Choice Exercise.
- Refined Premium purchase dialogue.
- Added phrases in both languages to Daily Phrase notification.
- Improved lessons phrases.
- Added launch screens on startup.
- Improved tab bar icons.
- Fixed Goal Achieved alert.
- Enhanced screen layouts and help text.
If you have an problems with this version please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you like regular updates, please rate this app favorably!
Ratings and Reviews
Learning Italian made easy
I downloaded a few free apps to learn Italian. I like this one because the lessons seem useful instead of just vocabulary words like some of the other app I tried. I feel like it's preparing me for a trip to Rome with phrase I can use at the train station, hotel, restaurant, etc. The exercises are fun and challenging. I use the app mostly on my iPhone but it works on iPad too, although could use a few improvements there. Nice job developers!
Nice app for learning Italian. Lots of lessons for all types of situations. I changed English accent to US and sound wasn’t right. I fixed it by going into iOS settings, accessibility, voices, then changed voice. Works perfect now. Exercises are good for practicing. Recommend it.
- Ascendo Inc.
- 19.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Copyright Vidalingua
- In-App Purchases
- Premium (1 year) $19.99
- Premium (1 month) $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.