Scythe for iPhone brings the powerful synthesis engine of Scythe to the iPhone.
It has a powerful synthesis engine and makes it easy to create and discover sound designed.
The wavetable creator enables the creation and editing of wavetables and is integrated directly into the system to preview your creations with the current session status. You can override the oscillator to see how your creation mixes with your session's sound.
The controls have been minimized to allow a simple workflow with the same complex modulation that you might be used to. If you are new to modulation, Scythe app for iOS makes it simple with drag and drop, from source to oscillator control.
Now with CoreMIDI and Audiobus Midi input and Inter-App-Audio, Scythe synth can be integrated into your studio or workflow.
Scythe synthesizer comes with presets and library wavetables for quickly hearing some of its possibilities.
AudioShare allows easy importing and exporting of audio with Scythe.
Generate custom wavetables by importing your sounds using AudioShare or iTunes file sharing, record using IAA out or directly in Scythe synthesizer and export using Audioshare or iOS sharing options.
Please note for best wavetable generation results, sounds with low frequency content or enough spectral content is required.
Top Features of Scythe iOS app:
- High quality wavetable synthesis
- Wavetable creator
- Filter Delay effect
- Modulation control of all oscillator parameters
- Easy to learn user interface
- MIDI input - CoreMIDI & Audiobus 3
- AudioShare support for importing and exporting
- Global tempo control for syncing LFOs to note duration
- Easily record, playback and export audio
- Library wavetables and presets
Full feature set:
- Wavetable oscillator with full modulation control
- Generate wavetables with audio files imported with AudioShare
- Generate wavetables with audio files loaded from iTunes file sharing
- Load library wavetables
- Save wavetables
- Unison of up to 8 waves
- Global tempo control in top bar
- Envelope generator with controllable ADSR graph
- 3 LFOs with 8 wave modes, Note duration sync, lfo wave amplitude
- Global modulation matrix control
- Modulation override
- Audiobus 3 MIDI
- Scrollable keyboard
- Hold mode
- Library presets
- Save your own presets
- Record audio
- Export audio using AudioShare
- export audio using iOS export options, e.g. Dropbox
- Hardware capabilities will impact max number of waves. If your device CPU cannot synthesize the max number of waves, either adjust the unison value/modulation or reduce the number of simultaneous keys pressed
- Modulation is initially enabled by dragging the modulation link icons onto the control to be modulated.
- Hold mode is enabled/disabled by pressing the control in the keyboard scroll section
Follow Scythe app on Twitter:
Inter App Audio fix
Ratings and Reviews
Change Name to Scythe Junior?
Wish it could have been pointed out somewhere that with this phone version can only use one wavetable, as opposed to two for the iPad version.
So no matter how you roll it, this is only half as much Scythe. It’s not like the phone lacks the power to push 2 oscillators.
Also, the small amount of presets don’t sound the same between the versions even when turning off the other half on iPad.
Also, since this is Scythe Jr, it also doesn’t seem right to have to repurchase the less powerful in-app purchases.
Good, could be great.
Three improvements needed-but I’ll give it a five star anyways:
1-let the app rotate to the side where there isn’t a headphone jack. This is minor, but super inconvenient.
2-build in an mp3 converter or generate a link to fl studio mobile to merge the apps better.
3-allow more touch change on the visual. Or at least allow rotation.
Still, good app, needs improvements. 95%
Squeezing the consumer
It hurt to re-purchase the scaled-down app to use on iPhone after I already bought it for iPad, but it is a real insult to ask users to also re-purchase (also scaled down) IAPs. I refuse to do this and hence one star from me until this pricing philosophy changes.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Bitmask Studio Ltd
- 341.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Bitmask Studio Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Wavetable Creator $2.99
- Filter Delay $2.99
- Tones Pack $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.