We give you a grid, we give you a crazy rule, and we give you some values. All you have to do is look hard at the grid and find which row or column has that value for the given rule. Easy as you like it. And then you just have to do it for 99 more times.
So, sharpen your brain, sharpen your eyesight, sharpen your reflexes and bring it all together to quickly scan the grid in different directions and find the correct answer before the timer runs out!
Try out a game with a unique gameplay and challenge yourself to reach the summit of 100 Rounds with the rules becoming more crazier and wackier with each passing grid. We promise you would never have played anything like this!
Deep dive into the game and see how far you can make it before a mistake sends you hurtling back to the start. Along the way, you will encounter all different kinds of shapes, numbers, letters, boxes, clocks and what not.
There are no Worlds, no Levels, no Difficulty Settings, no Boosts, no Bonus, no Achievements. An uncomplicated game with just one singular objective and that is to complete a 100 grids.
And also just pure fun.
* Unique gameplay which is a twist on the grid search puzzles.
* Pick up and Play. One touch Gameplay in Portrait mode. Just swipe to mark the correct row/column.
* Over 70 different types of rules for you to figure out.
* Daily Challenges - Complete a new challenge everyday.
* 4 different types of aids/power-ups available for use.
* A cute way of visually depicting the progress in the game through the growing moustache of Mr. Mustachio's character.
* Uncomplicated game with a single objective to complete 100 rounds.
* Leaderboards to see how well you are doing as compared to other players.
* Comprehensive Statistics to give a glimpse how well you have been playing the game.
The character of Mr. Mustachio adds a fun dimension to the game! Watch Mr. Mustachio’s moustache grow with more grids you figure out!
This game is a derivative of the original Mr. Mustachio game. For the people wondering why there is mustachio guy in there, here is small silly poem from the first game explaining it :) :)
"An egg shaped guy, extraordinary is his panache,
Always smiling, as he twirls his magnificent moustache!
With a grid of blocks, he tests your skills,
Fast reflexes, quick thinking, needed in this game of thrills!
Mr. Mustachio needs your help, truth be told,
The span of his whiskers, the grid controls!
Add, Subtract or Multiply, do the proper math and make his handlebar grow,
Diamonds will be your reward, as you chase your high score!"
Mr. Mustachio builds upon the gameplay of the evergreen word search puzzles!
Remember the puzzles where you are given a grid of letters and you need to search for words in it based on some clue or theme?
Mr. Mustachio uses that principle and puts a little spin on that. Use your power of observation to search the grid for the row or column which matches a given rule and a corresponding value! Of course, we added a time limit and threw in some colours to make things interesting!
All this results in quite a challenging and interesting game!
Maybe you like math. Maybe you just like challenges. Maybe you like to do brain training exercises. Maybe you like to test your reflexes. Maybe you love to do all of these! There is something for everyone in this small and simple, yet quite fun and challenging game.
If you like playing the game, please consider leaving an rating/review and help spread the word around. It would go a long way in helping out the developer!
If you notice any problem or bug or just want to drop some critique or feedback, please feel free to do so at firstname.lastname@example.org!
What's better than a Daily Challenge?
Ans - Two Daily Challenges!!
Thank you for all the feedback and suggestions! I am trying to fit in whatever is possible.
- There are now two Daily Challenges. The first one would be a subset of all the different types of grids (same as the existing one). The second one would always be a math grid challenge. For the people who love their pluses and minuses, there is a daily challenge now. And this challenge will also sometimes have the 4x4 grids (just to make it even more challenging).
- Top 10 Leaderboard for the Daily Challenges also added. Now upto the players to start populating it. (This is my first attempt to build something of this sort, so if there are any issues, please don't shoot me.)
- There is a button on the top left corner of the Game Over Screen which shows the grid with the solution. Quite a few people seem to be missing it. So in this release, I have tried to highlight it with a arrow. Hopefully, players won't miss it going forward. (Its an ugly arrow, so sorry about that and please bear with me :))
- Some players are also missing out on the part of the instructions where you are asked to only [Swipe Correct Row] or [Swipe Correct Column]. Just to clarify, if you are asked to swipe the correct row, and you swipe a column, it would be marked incorrect even if the column matches the rule. On the Game Over Screen, if such a mistake is made, this part of the instructions is now highlighted so that the players don't miss it going forward.
- Added/Removed/Tweaked a few rules.
- Minor fixes.
- If you have any feedback/idea/suggestion on what sort of content you would like to see in the game, then please do write in to me at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. I must also thank all the people who have written in. All the feedback helps make the game better.
- If you facing any issue or require any clarification regarding any of the grids or have any other feedback to provide, please don't hesitate to write in to me at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. I will reply back as soon as possible.
Thank you for playing!
Ratings and Reviews
Great Concept, Poor Execution
The idea of the game is great. These small math problems are very fun and easy overall. More fun when there is a timer and an element of attention that is separate from math.
The person who complained that it wasn’t fun in one review are just not admitting they don’t know basic elementary school math.
BUT the app itself is buggy and not fully through through.
-First there is a big issue with the type of ads and how they work.
-There is an offer to watch an ad to get a feee Continue. So I watch the ad, but then the timer from the game runs out during the ad.
-When the ad ends you see a blank screen and nothing continues. That is a VERY BAD game bug.
-It doesn’t do what it says it would and then requires hard restart of the game.
Then there is the design of the game.
-You have multiple rows and columns to choose from. At least 6 in simplest problems, and I don’t know how many more it can go up to. But the arrow you have to press to choose the answer is too small.
-Sometimes you’d have to press more than once to make sure my input was received.
-instead of the tiny faint arrow it should be a graphic that is clear, high contrast, and larger.
-the mustache theme of the app isn’t making any sense. Since there is no background story of any kind, what’s the connection to the mustache?
-if the mustache or facial hair were somehow connected to the math then ok. But it isn’t.
Developer Response ,
I must thank you for leaving such a detailed feedback. Such a feedback always helps in ironing out the issues in the game. I am glad that you like the idea of the game and find it fun.
I will try to address the issues that you have mentioned:
- Ads issue : Yes, I apologize for that. There was an issue and multiple people complained about it. I have since fixed that. Can you please get the update and see if you still face any issues? Again, sorry for the inconvenience it has caused.
- Small Arrow Issue : You can simply swipe the correct row column (in the correct direction wherever required) and that would work as well. Both the options are there. You can either tap on the arrows or swipe the row/column. I hope this information helps.
- The moustache theme : The length of the moustache is related the progress you make in the game. This obviously requires a bit more explanation. So a couple of years back, I had launched the original version of the game Mr. Mustachio (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mr-mustachio-a-brain-teaser/id1143957161?ls=1&mt=8) and this game is derived from it. The original one was only numbers based and an endless high score chaser. I added the Mustachio guy and the moustache theme as a fun way to track progress along with the score. I gave it a sort of "background story" in the form of a silly poem which can be read in the description of the original game (I have added the same poem in the description of this game in the coming update). In short, the story reads like the length of the moustache of mr. Mustachio is controlled by the grid and he needs the help of the player to grow it further & he gives the player Diamonds in exchange :). So it is basically a fun way to track progress and just provides some breather to the player.
Thanks for asking about it and reminding me that I should add stuff regarding it in the description!
I would also like to add that people tend to have varied tastes and choices and while some people might find something fun, others may not. I think it is unfair to pass judgement on people's skill levels on the basis of their likes and dislikes. It is my humble request that you update your review and remove or reword your statement regarding the other reviewer. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your review which goes into a lot of depth and I would be very grateful if you could make this small change.
I do hope you continue to play the game and looking forward to your updated feedback.
If you face any issues or want to provide more feedback, please feel free to reach out to me at email@example.com.
Will be great after flaws fixed
Multiple questions involving empty blocks are incorrect. This is very frustrating especially if you have made it far in the game. Also, when watching a video to continue it either gets stuck on a blank screen or just continues on to the game over screen. If these issues are fixed it would be five stars for sure
Developer Response ,
[Edit] : I just wanted to inform you that multiple new versions of the game have been released since the review which have addressed many issues including the Ad bug which you were facing. Also, the rule for the "not empty" blocks was creating a bit of confusion and has been reworded. The game has become better because of your feedback. I hope you can take some time out to revisit the game and provide an updated feedback/review which can help improve the game even more. In case of any issues, I can always be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
Hi, many thanks for playing the game and leaving a review.
Several people have sent me queries regarding the questions related to the empty blocks. In each of the cases, the rule was to find "Count of Blocks which are Not Empty" and the count to be matched was 0. This double negative was a bit difficult to comprehend with people misunderstanding the rule to be "No Empty" instead of "Not Empty". The solution provided by the game was correct but because of this misunderstanding, it seemed incorrect to the players. To ensure that the players are not confused, in the latest update, the rule has been re-worded to make it more clear and explicit. Also, a bit of help text has been added in case a player fails on grid where the count to match is 0. If you play the updated version, you should have a better experience and find the solutions to your satisfaction.
Also, there was some issue with the ads in the previous version which has also been fixed in the latest update.
I hope you try the game again and in case you still face any issues or require any clarification regarding any grids, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
Looking forward to your updated feedback.
Interesting concept, but
If you get a wrong answer, you must be able to freeze the screen until you agree and hit continue. It’s very frustrating to feel you are being cheated because some problems seem to have more than one acceptable answer. Too many ads, too expensive. Consider lowering your price to get more customers to bite. At that price, one must be truly convinced, which I’m not. 99 cent would have been purchased almost immediately
Developer Response ,
Many thanks for playing the game and taking time out to leave the review. I would like to inform you that in case you get a wrong answer, you can tap on the eye icon (view grid button) at the top left corner to view the grid which will show you the correct solution as well. The game is such that many times you will feel you have swiped the right answer, but it may not be the case. There are small subtleties in the game such as some grids require you swipe the correct row only (even if a correct column is present) or vice versa. Also, it is quite easy to get it wrong when the count to be matched is 0. The game does reminds the players in case they miss out on these small things. I hope you keep playing and in case you have any doubt regarding any solution, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will send back a detailed response.
Also, thank you for your feedback regarding the pricing of the IAP purchase. That is definitely some food for thought and I will give it a serious consideration.
Looking forward to your updated feedback.
- Shobhit Samaria
- 128.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Shobhit Samaria
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.