Drafts, where text starts. The popular iOS note-taking and automation app now has a Mac companion!
Drafts on the Mac provides a great way to quickly capture ideas, thoughts, text snippets - or to access those created on the iOS and Apple Watch version via fast sync.
WRITE RIGHT NOW
Capture with the quick-entry window, accessible via global keyboard shortcut, or from the menu bar. Jot down any notes or ideas before they slip away.
EDIT YOUR WAY
ORGANIZE YOUR DRAFTS
Beyond just writing, you can keep things in order using the Inbox and Archive, using Flags or Tags to group items, or setting up a Workspace with custom filters for different scenarios.
ADVANCED ACTIONS COMING SOON
Users of Drafts for iPhone and iPad can expect advanced Actions and automation functionality – coming soon to the Mac version!
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
Join the Drafts Community (forums.getdrafts.com) to get help, find integration guides and a regular flow of tips & tricks.
Get more out of Drafts with a Drafts Pro subscription:
• Share a single pro subscription between iOS and macOS versions of Drafts (iCloud required)
• Workspaces - Apply preferred tag, query, and sort settings for your drafts list with Workspaces
• Editor themes
• Create and Edit Actions (iOS only)
• Extra widgets and better share and capture options
• Enhanced URL Automation (iOS only)
We are always working hard to expand the capabilities of Drafts and update with the latest technologies. Your support helps keep the app growing – thank you to Drafts Pro subscribers!
Contact us on Twitter at @draftsapp or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Monthly and annual subscriptions are available
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
• Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is disabled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• Automatic renewals will be charged at the same price you were originally charged for the subscription
• Subscriptions can be managed by going to Account Settings on the App Store after purchase
- **New:** "New in Workspace" option in File menu to create new draft with workspace tags already assigned.
- **Change:** Better HTML output for fenced code block when using GitHub Markdown option.
- **Change:** Edit > Find > Search Drafts (shift-command-F) should work in Capture window.
- **Fix:** Better handling of activation of the app when no windows are visible.
- **Change:** Support broader data types in share extension.
For complete details and change history, please visit https://getdrafts.com/changelog-mac
Ratings and Reviews
The arrival of the Mac version enhances the usefulness of the iOS version that I've come to rely on for quick capture of notes, information, or longer article-writing tasks.
The two greatest features of this are: 1) It's available on all my devices with fast startup. On the Mac there's a menu bar icon for quick capture. It is my 1st stop when I have an idea and AFTER I type it I can decide if it's a note for export to Evernote, a to do for export to ToDoist, an email or tweet for export to the appropriate tool. 2) It uses MarkDown, a simple-to-learn way of formatting your text without having to reach for a menu: bullets, numbered lists, italics, bold, headers, or indent.
Perfect If You Live A Mac-Centric Life
A lot of people here are talking about how great it is to be able to dump into Drafts from the Mac, but I think the ability to copy and paste out of it from the Mac is at least as big a deal to me personally.
I've been on the beta for a few months, and it has become a key part of my daily routine to capture my thoughts on the go using the Apple Watch and iOS apps, see a little badge on the Drafts app for Mac when I sit down at the desk, and immediately take care of whatever it is that's sitting there waiting for me.
I love it.
I've been using Drafts on iOS for nearly as long as it has been on the App store. For years I've wanted a similar tool for quick text entry on my mac. I've bounced around between nvALT, Evernote, and Day One for quick notes, but each of those are either too simplistic or too complex. Drafts on Mac hits it perfectly. The option to append multiple quick entries to the same note (rather than separate ones) is just icing on the cake. A fantastic app from a developer with a proven track record.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.