Create beautiful generative music & ideas with Wotja Pro 19, a market leading generative system with a long history of continuous development and with the top-of-the-range 'Pro’ Feature Set. Use it for fun, relaxation, inspiration & experimentation!
POWERFUL, DEEP & UNIQUE
• Generate music for relaxation, reflection, meditation, sleep & mindfulness - the music is made live on your device, it's not streamed
• Create live adaptive music, melodies, ideas & MIDI using generative and text-to-music techniques
• Explore generative music composition, sound design, soundscape mixing & scripting
• Make 'cut-up' text ideas for lyrics, haiku, poetry & creative writing
WOTJA USER REVIEWS
"Masterpiece", "the best generative software that I have ever used", "Brilliant", "Extremely musical", "Deep and professional", "best MIDI composition tool", "Love Wotja!"
• 'Flow' for mix-after-mix of live relaxing music & melodies
• 'Add New' > Album (Automatic) for a new album of mixes
• 'Add New' > Mix (Automatic) for a new editable mix
• 'Pro’ Feature Set includes: Music Play Time Timeout ('MPTT’) of 8 hours; multi-channel MIDI In/Out; WAV, MIDI and Video mixdown recordings of up to 1000 bars or 3600 seconds + more (see our website for full details on Feature Sets)
• Create, edit, save & export mixes, albums, sound & FX networks, scripts & cut-up text
• 'Flow' mode for a succession of freshly generated mixes
• 'Randomization Schemes' to change the feel of automatic mixes (Flow, Albums etc.) & randomly select Sounds & FX
• 100s of gorgeous generative music templates & Sound/FX presets
• Built-in 'Calm' and 'Relax’ Albums of specially constructed generative music mixes
• Music Engine (IME) with 130+ parameters for generative (MIDI) music generation
• Sound Engine (ISE) with ’Macro Oscillator 1', a port of the popular open-source sound generator from Mutable Instruments, plus many other synth & FX units + presets
• IME 'Text-to-Music' capability for melody generation
• 48 independent content cells in 12 tracks for live mixing/generative cell sequencing
• Editors to let you experiment with sound design & modular synth/FX networks
• Cut-up editor for word locking, syllable rules, word alternatives, 5 source fields & more
• Support for SF2, Dark/Light UI, iCloud, IAA/Audiobus etc.
• Opens Noatikl, Mixtikl & Liptikl files
• Will get all relevant Wotja V19 updates during the course of 2019
Get the Subscription version and take out a Subscription to a 'Pro' Feature Set tier. The Subscription version also includes optional 'Long Play' Subscriptions for those that need to play their own mixes in e.g. a long play music installation.
Wotja is the continued evolution of the legendary 'SSEYO Koan', Noatikl, Mixtikl, Liptikl & Tiklbox. It uses a combination of AI Techniques & heuristics we’ve been crafting for nearly 30 years.
• Info, FAQ, Guide, Videos & More: https://intermorphic.com/wotja
• Privacy: https://intermorphic.com/privacy
• Terms: https://intermorphic.com/tos
Something not working right? Please do get in touch via our Help Page 'Contact Us' options. Thank you!
FIXED: We fixed a hard to reproduce crash that occasionally occurred on stopping playback (we finally found it!)
Enjoying Wotja? Please help by updating your rating and review - it really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
The Most Advanced Generative Music and Sequencing Solution, Period
When I was a young lad long ago, I downloaded a free demo of Sseyo’s Koan, the long-lost ancestor to Wotja. I was quickly entranced by the idea of generative music but as a young man I was unable to afford Koan’s price tag. Fast forward to 2k19 and Wotja takes many of the original Koan ideas and expands them. In fact, Wotja benefits from the long pedigree of related generative music apps, as it comes bundled with plenty of their content. There are lots of little apps that will bring some measure of generative/aleatoric aspects to your music, but none can offer the depth that Wotja delivers. I’ve used it to sequence hardware and iOS synths without issue.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your nice review and very kind words - they mean so much to us. We hope you continue to enjoy Wotja as it continues to evolve! Best wishes, Tim and Pete
Great new features, very slow on older devices
First off I have bought almost all of intermorphic’s products on iOS over the years. I have a great interest in generative music and have invested a lot of time into using intermorphic’s apps over the years. Last year was the first year I didn’t buy Wotja so I don’t see any of the features added during that release. I use a lot of older devices and try to make use out of obsolete devices for making music so I know not all the latest and greatest apps will not run on many of my older devices. So if every year as a user I am expected to buy a new release for all the new features, I expect a certain number of features be added and older devices still supported, files produced previously will be compatible in newer versions etc. (this is becoming a problem for me with other apps, but not so far with Wotja :)
The playlist feature (which is new to me) is my favorite. I love this idea so much I would love to see this concept expanded. I am thinking opening Wotja files on an Apple TV version of Wotja (preferably that syncs with my iCloud Wotja files automatically). I know this is a bit far fetched but I would like to see a Apple Watch version so I can listen while I am running or workin out, etc. (I don’t take my phone with me any more when I run). In any case it would be nice to have other ways to listen to my Wotja projects in other situations that don’t require my full attention.
An issue I’m having (and I don’t remember if it’s always been this way or not because I don’t do this often), is when I trigger play in AUM or Audiobus as a host, and Wotja as a plug-in, Wotja is not triggered to play like all of the other au’s and plugins.
Just some ideas, I have thought it would be interesting to see Wotja as an au host also. Or maybe with expanded midi functions like being able to route lfo’s or envelopes to midi out to other au’s and such as cc data. I would like to someday see more than midi notes, maybe one day midi cc’s controllable/routable in and out of Wotja.
As far as Wotja playing on my current devices, The most recent phone I have is an iPhone 7 Plus, Wotja 19 stutters and lags so much that it’s difficult to scroll through parameters because of the lag. This is my newest device and I am holding off until maybe until the next iPhone is released to get a new one. The new offering of iPhones are too expensive to upgrade every 2 years in my opinion. That being said most people I think upgrade every 2 years so I would imagine apps that have a release cycle like Wotja should run smoothly on phones at least 2 years old. My phone is just over 2 years old. Also Wotja runs on my iPhone 6 Plus, but very poorly. Even some of the most simplistic projects are unlistenable on my 6 plus. All of my iPads are older and I’m not holding my breath on them working much better.
I have tried plugging in some midi gear (some volca’s and an ms2000) to Wotja 19 and my iPhone 7 Plus stutters more than I would like, but the iPhone 6 Plus stutters and lags so much it’s almost in the desirable territory for glitchy type sounds.... but not quite.
All things considered it’s been a little rocky moving my noatikl, Mixtikl and Wotja files to one place. Wotja. File comparability seems to be the strongest feature of Wotja,, which I would hope having so many changes forced upon users. On the whole I am enjoying some of the layout changes. It’s a solid release and I like what’s new, but I kind of expect a little more from it. If Apple keeps going with the prices as they are I will probably get a maxed out iPhone every three years. This means unfortunately I might not get the best of the best software on my second and third year of owning the phone. That said maybe I will only buy Wotja every three years if the performance is not so good on years 2, 3 and later for my devices.
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thanks for all the feedback. We are glad you like Wotja V19 so far and there are more cool new things to come over the V19 product cycle :). Please do send feedback to us via our contact/support form if you wish! Wrt your comments on audio performances issues, these are mostly always content related meaning they are down to the number/kind/complexity of templates and FX used in mixes. As we try to ensure Wotja generates the best results our templates have tended to get more complex over time wrt synth networks used. We also do need to keep pushing things forward and more on that is to come. That said, Wotja V19 and Wotja V5 should, as of now, be comparable in terms of performance. However, we have added 3 new settings to Wotja V19 that can help improve audio performance on older devices, certainly when it comes to playback. See our FAQ: https://intermorphic.com/wotja/faq/#faq-audio-issues. Wrt triggering Wotja on iOS please see this FAQ: https://intermorphic.com/wotja/faq/#faq-ios-midi-mtc-mmc. Hope the above helps! Best wishes, Tim and Pete
- Intermorphic Limited
- 139.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2004-2019 Intermorphic Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.