Interact with your music and fall in love with your library all over again.
Marvis offers a beautiful presentation of your Music Library with loads of powerful features in a minimalistic yet highly customizable UI.
• For iTunes & iCloud Music Library.
• Use Drag and Drop to add multiple items to Up Next, Play or Shuffle.
• Landscape Mode (Split or Full Screen)
• Advanced Media Details and Artist Info.
• Dark Theme
• Sort, Group, and Style
‣ Sort by Recently Added, Recently Played, Year, Rating, Play Count and more.
‣ Group Playlists into Albums, Artists, Genres etc.
• Choose between List or Grid Layout. Multiple Grid styles to choose from.
‣ You can also choose to open Albums and Playlists as Dropdown instead of full screen.
• Music.app is required for Marvis to function.
• Due to iOS restrictions, it's not possible to remove items from your library via Marvis.
We’ve reached our first major update. Lots of advanced new features and lots more to come. Stay tuned!
‣ A place that has everything that belongs to you, a place that you can personalize, and a place that you feel most comfortable at.
‣ Introducing Home, a customizable feed of multiple sections that can be personalized by the user based on Grouping, Sorting and Design.
‣ There’re some pre-defined types like Recently Played, Recently Added, Most Played, Top Rated.
‣ But you can always start fresh by choosing any of the Groupings (Songs, Albums, Artists, Playlists etc.) and customize its sort preference and layout styles.
‣ Home is a very powerful tool and we have many more plans for it.
• Lenient Search, a road to fuzzy. What does it mean?
‣ You can search for a term like “Taylor Love” or “Paradise Coldplay”, without a more lenient search no results would show up for such pair of terms that derive text from multiple different values such as song title, album title and artist name etc.
‣ A fully fuzzy search algorithm can even show results for incorrect spellings, but we’re not there yet.
• Year Search.
‣ This is probably even cooler than fuzzy, Thanks to a user who requested this feature (Thanks, Thor).
‣ You can search for a single year or a range of years and the search would list all albums and songs within them.
‣ Try searching for “2018”, “2010-2019” or “John 1970-1980”.
• Like and Dislike tracks in your iCloud Music Library or Apple Music Catalog.
‣ Local iTunes Library items are not supported unless they’re in iCloud Music Library.
‣ Skip Disliked Songs (previously, Skip Low Rated Songs) now supports skipping both disliked & 1-star songs.
• Add to Library Button for tracks that have not been added to iCloud Music Library.
‣ Can be found in Now-Playing View or in Playlists if you keep ‘Add Playlist Songs to Library’ turned off.
This is just the beginning of Apple Music features, more to come very soon.
• Stop Music on Termination.
‣ A lot of you seem to expect that quitting Marvis should stop Music playback, it doesn’t happen because Marvis isn’t the app that’s playing Music, it’s stock Music.app that plays Music on behalf of Marvis.
‣ Yet for those who still want Marvis to stop playing Music on termination, we’ve added an experimental setting in Advanced Settings. It requires the app to be in the foreground when you quit it. If you experience issues with this feature please let us know.
• Dismissing Full-Screen Album View: Added a swipe left/right gesture to dismiss, helpful when you’re scrolled down to the bottom and want to dismiss without needing to scroll to top first. (Thanks, Dave)
• Added Haptic feedback for buttons. Haptic feedback is only available for devices that support it.
• Tweaked 4 App Icons.
• Last.fm Scrobble improvements.
• Ability to Hide Album Title from Now-Playing View. (Thanks, Stephan).
• Design improvements for Action Sheets.
There’s even more stuff in this update we’d have loved to brag about, but this log is already very long and we’d really encourage you to find things that are not listed here.
Hope you enjoy this update.
Marvis is actively programmed, designed & marketed by a single developer. We’d really appreciate if you consider leaving us a rating/review and spread the word about Marvis. It’d really take us a long way.
Like Thor, Dave & Stephan, we’ve gotten requests for many more features by many other users. Thank you all for the feedback. We've already implemented many of your requests and we’ll surely try to implement the rest of them as soon as we can, considering they’re feasible. Thanks for continued support and patience. If you haven’t contacted us but have a feature in mind you think could benefit others as well, contact us via Marvis Settings or you can also tweet to us @marvis_music.
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing app!! Just one tiny suggestion
Very great app :) I’m not sure if it’s from the same company that made a different music player app called Marvis but this app is very nice, clean and smooth!
I only have one little suggestion for the app. It would be very great if the selected artist page had a swipe down feature to go back to the main artists page just like the song selection in an artist page. That way there can be a quick 2 or 3 swipe down movements to quickly get back to the main artists tab in the app. Thank you very much for creating such a great app!
Developer Response ,
It’s so great to know you’ve been enjoying the app. Yes we’re the same developers who developed the Marvis before.
Sorry, we don’t quite understand what you exactly meant, but we’re feeling you want a similar animation and gesture the way Albums open into full screen. We have plans to do that for artists soon as well.
Fantastic App! Unbelievable interaction and support!
I was looking for an alternative to the base music app. After spending some time searching and researching, i stumbled across Marvis on a blog online.
I read the article then the comments on it. And to my absolute astonishment the creator of the app was there talking to people and building on their feedback and ideas. I then noticed how almost every if not every single review on here had developer feedback. I looked at the reviews and purchased the app.
Within 1 hour of downloading and using the app i ran across a problem (that turned out to be user error on my end). I DM’d the Twitter profile for this app and had a response in 5 minutes. Me and the person i was talking to trouble shot for 15 minutes until i realized my error.
I do not have enough kind and supportive words for this app and it’s developer.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for the review and such kind words and thanks for reaching out to us, always happy to help.
We really appreciate when users facing any troubles reach us directly instead of in review, as most of the times we can offer solutions or workarounds.
Thanks for using Marvis.
Having some difficulty
So i made this purchase without being sure what to expect but was blown away at the design and over feel of the app. However I’m currently encountering the issue of once i pause a song i cannot unpause it :/.
I love everything else about this app and would appreciate support.
Edit: everything works fine after a restart. Thanks for the support
Developer Response ,
Update: So happy. Thanks for updating the rating.
We’re sorry to see you’re facing issues. This doesn’t seem like a known issue to us, but it’s possible there’s some kind of glitch on your particular device related to Music APIs.
Please try Restarting Music.app and if that doesn’t work restart your device. If it still doesn’t help, please contact us via the app settings or send a DM on Twitter/Facebook.
Also make sure that you don’t delete Music.app. It’s required for Marvis to work.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Aditya Rajveer
- 25.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Aditya Rajveer
- In-App Purchases
- Dark Theme Free
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.