On more than 350 million devices around the world, people are reading, listening to, watching, and sharing the Bible using the #1 rated Bible App—completely free. Over 1,000 Bible versions, in hundreds of languages. Hundreds of Reading Plans, in over 40 languages. Add your own Verse Images, highlights, bookmarks, and public or private notes.
Customize your reading experience. Access everything when you’re connected, or download specific versions for offline use.
The Bible App lets you explore the Bible with your closest friends. Share honest conversations about Scripture with a community of people you know and trust. Learn along with them as you see what they’re discovering.
READ THE BIBLE
* Set your Bible App’s interface for your choice of more than 30 languages.
* Easily select from hundreds of Bible versions, in over 775 languages.
* Choose from popular versions like the NIV, NASB, ESV, NKJV, NLT, KJV, The Message, and more.
* Offline Bibles: Read even without network access (available for select versions).
* Listen to audio Bibles and enjoy all-new skip, playback speed, and timer controls. (Audio Bibles available for select versions and are not downloadable).
USE THE BIBLE WITH YOUR FRIENDS
* Put the Bible at the center of your closest relationships with mutual friendships in the Bible App
* See a stream of Bible activity that shows what you and your friends are noting, bookmarking, and highlighting
* Comment to share your thoughts, ask questions, and have meaningful conversations in the app as you study God’s Word together
STUDY THE BIBLE
* Hundreds of Plans: you’ll find devotionals, as well as Plans that lead you through specific topics, portions of the Bible, or even the entire Bible in a year.
* Watch and share clips from ‘The Bible’ TV miniseries, the world-changing ‘JESUS’ film, and ‘The Lumo Project.’
* Search the Bible using keywords.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR BIBLE
* All-new Themes let you select a color palette for your entire Bible App experience.
* Verse Images: Turn Bible verses into shareable art.
* Highlight with custom colors—just like a paper Bible.
* Bookmark passages: Share, memorize, or just keep track of your favorites.
* Share verses with friends using social networks, email, or SMS (text).
* Add notes to passages: Keep them private so only you can see them, or make them public to share with friends.
* With a free YouVersion account, see all of your notes, highlights, bookmarks, and reading plans on any supported device through cloud syncing.
* Read easier with settings like fonts, text size, and contrast for bright or low-light conditions.
CONNECT WITH YOUVERSION
* Contact support from directly inside the Bible App.
* Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/youversion
* Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/youversion
* Catch up on the latest on our blog: http://blog.youversion.com
* Use YouVersion online: http://bible.com
Download the world’s #1 Bible App now and enjoy the Bible reading experience loved by millions!
• This Is 'For You' - Your plans, verses you've seen, verse of the day, recommended plans, and more. Arrange them however you like. And your friends are all still here, in 'Community'
• Added localization for Chinese – Hong Kong, Haitian Creole, Shona, and Zulu
Ratings and Reviews
My Go To
I love this Bible app. I have had no major problems with it. I couldn't wait to read God’s Word everyday. It makes things easy just to have it on my phone, or when I am searching for particular verses. I also enjoy looking for the plan I need, depending on my circumstances. I really have no major problems with this app except sometimes it takes longer to launch; when you exit to go to a concordance app and go back to this app, it will take a bit of wait to get it going. It doesn’t launch right away. Also recently they've made changes to creating Bible images. Although they have added more fonts, it is harder now to fit in a number of words you desire in a line. You can no longer control the amount of words you want in a line. It used to be that you can have longer lines of words. Or you can actually control how you want yiur verses to fit by using two fingers to expand the verse onto the image. Now, you can’t do that. They have limited your freedom to control tge creation if images so that verses cannot be spread out or laid out as you want, as it used to. This is the one thing that the update has changed that I did not particularly like. However, overall, this app is my go to in everything everyday. I use it way more than any other bible related app or any apo for that matter. I am hoping they would bring back those image creation freedom back, then it'll be perfect. Today i found out they brought back those text boxes for images. Im so glad.
Best App ever!
I can't remember ever writing out a review for an app, but this does deserve one. The app makes my Bible available at my fingertips on any of my devices, so intuitive and in different versions. No excuse for not reading in the bed, on the road or anywhere I chose to as long as I have any of my devices with me, even if I am offline as pre-downloaded version resides on my device and available offline. There are different reading plans and there are audio versions as well I believe. I personally prefer to read rather than be read to, but I have used it on some instances when I'm in bed and too tired to read and I'll rather just listen as I wind down to sleep. Besides, it will be of immense usefulness to those that are visually challenged in one way or the other.
I can keep writing all day about many things I love about this app, but chose not to bore you. The point is that there are no cons or negatives I can think of, and definitely no reason not to get this. Install this on all your devices and use it. Listen to the Word from the source rather than listening to these numerous wolves in sheep clothing so plentiful these days twisting the Word to suit their own agenda and to pad their pockets.
I believe in obtaining my information from the primary source, I don't now about you but I think you should too. The Bible is my primary source for the Words of God and that's my ultimate guide and reference point.
Really amazing and VERY helpful
The convenience is simply amazing that you can just plug your phone and look up information at will. I really like how you can take notes and highlight what you read and it also keeps a log. I love the fact that I can select different versions of the Bible instantly. For some reason when your phone falls asleep and you open the Bible app again sometimes the app has to reload and loses your place. That iPad version allows me to take notes a little bit better than the iPhone version because it’s not very easy to switch back-and-forth from reading to creating notes on the iPhone version. I hope they address this in the future. I really love the reminder at a specific time each day for the word of the day. They have a new streak feature which counts the days each day you open up the Bible app which is great! However, if you miss one day it resets everything all the way back to day one. Somehow I wish they can use some support system that collects all of your days like you open the Bible and connected with God‘s word 360 times last year and only missed five days. I also like the social aspect of connecting with your friends and family as to what you were reading. However, there doesn’t seem to him much discussion from the social aspect, but maybe that’s me and my friends. Who is I totally recommend downloading this is in free app connecting with God each day. May the Lord bless you.
- 152.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Haitian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Kurdish, Latvian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Mongolian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Shona, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Welsh, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008-2018 Life.Church
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.