This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
On more than 250 million devices around the world, people are reading, listening to, watching, and sharing the Bible using the #1 rated Bible App—completely free. Over 1,000 Bible versions, in hundreds of languages. Hundreds of Reading Plans, in over 40 languages. Add your own Verse Images, highlights, bookmarks, and public or private notes.
Customize your reading experience. Access everything when you’re connected, or download specific versions for offline use.
The Bible App lets you explore the Bible with your closest friends. Share honest conversations about Scripture with a community of people you know and trust. Learn along with them as you see what they’re discovering.
READ THE BIBLE
* Set your Bible App’s interface for your choice of more than 30 languages.
* Easily select from hundreds of Bible versions, in over 775 languages.
* Choose from popular versions like the NIV, NASB, ESV, NKJV, NLT, KJV, The Message, and more.
* Offline Bibles: Read even without network access (available for select versions).
* Listen to audio Bibles and enjoy all-new skip, playback speed, and timer controls. (Audio Bibles available for select versions and are not downloadable).
USE THE BIBLE WITH YOUR FRIENDS
* Put the Bible at the center of your closest relationships with mutual friendships in the Bible App
* See a stream of Bible activity that shows what you and your friends are noting, bookmarking, and highlighting
* Comment to share your thoughts, ask questions, and have meaningful conversations in the app as you study God’s Word together
STUDY THE BIBLE
* Hundreds of Plans: you’ll find devotionals, as well as Plans that lead you through specific topics, portions of the Bible, or even the entire Bible in a year.
* Watch and share clips from ‘The Bible’ TV miniseries, the world-changing ‘JESUS’ film, and ‘The Lumo Project.’
* Search the Bible using keywords.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR BIBLE
* All-new Themes let you select a color palette for your entire Bible App experience.
* Verse Images: Turn Bible verses into shareable art.
* Highlight with custom colors—just like a paper Bible.
* Bookmark passages: Share, memorize, or just keep track of your favorites.
* Share verses with friends using social networks, email, or SMS (text).
* Add notes to passages: Keep them private so only you can see them, or make them public to share with friends.
* With a free YouVersion account, see all of your notes, highlights, bookmarks, and reading plans on any supported device through cloud syncing.
* Read easier with settings like fonts, text size, and contrast for bright or low-light conditions.
CONNECT WITH YOUVERSION
* Contact support from directly inside the Bible App.
* Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/youversion
* Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/youversion
* Catch up on the latest on our blog: http://blog.youversion.com
* Use YouVersion online: http://bible.com
Download the world’s #1 Bible App now and enjoy the Bible reading experience loved by millions!
What's New in Version 8.0.2
NEW! Plans with Friends: Invite Friends to read a Plan on the same schedule, then talk it over each day.
iPhone X support
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Latest update deleted my plans
When I updated to the latest version, it deleted my reading plans and history. I was 90 days into a year long reading plan. I restarted the plan, and While I can read ahead, the app takes me to the current reading day regardless of how far ahead I read. I wish there was a way to edit the start date for the plan so that it will know I am actually 90 days I to the plan.
Update: Big user error folks. The update did wipe my data but I figured out that if you mark all the days you previously read as completed and then press the action to catch you up, then the start date is adjusted and the latest completed day is the current progress. Then, when you open the app, it will take you to your correct reading day. It wasn’t intuitive but it worked.
Best way to get your life!!
Honestly, I have access to the word of God easily and the plans are awesome ways to find time to get some time with God and find subject matters you may struggle with. I love the reminders and alerts when friends are reading as well, it reminds me to get my word in as well. I love the reader as well, I wish you could choose different voices but I do enjoy playing the Bible while I drive. I also play it for my baby and the entire time I was pregnant I fed her the word of God.
The only problem with the app is sometimes it freezes and does not allow me to get in. I have to close out of it and wait a second then relaunch it. Other than that it would have gotten 5 stars! It’s a great app get it and get closer to God! You’ll thank yourself later!!
This App is amazing. I cannot even begin to say how much of a blessing this app has been to me in my walk with Christ. I use it to highlight key verses, for sermon preparation, personal devotions. It is an amazing gift to us who have the technology to utilize the app. This is a phenomenal use of technology to share the word of God. I would like to see the highlighting feature fixed, I feel like when you highlight a verse it should highlight in ALL the versions, not just the one you’re reading in. Because I preach, I use many different versions and it is tedious to have to switch back and forth between verses to make sure you’re highlighting the correct verse. Other than this issue, I have found nothing else wrong with the app.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Nov 16, 2017
- Version: 8.0.2
- Size: 107 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Macedonian, Malay, Mongolian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Seller: Life.Church
- © 2008-2017 Life.Church
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes