TripAdvisor Hotels Flights Restaurants
By TripAdvisor LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Millions of traveler reviews, photos, and maps from TripAdvisor. Plan and book your perfect trip. With over 225 million reviews and opinions by travelers, TripAdvisor makes it easy to find the lowest airfare, best hotels, great restaurants, and fun things to do, wherever you go. And booking options for hotels, restaurants and flights are just a tap away.
The TripAdvisor mobile app is free and easy to use.
• Browse millions of reviews, opinions and candid photos by travelers
• Find the best hotel for you, including Travelers' Choice award winners
• Explore restaurants and reserve tables online
• Discover cool things to do in any destination
• Compare airfares and find great deals
• Use Near Me Now to discover places near your current location
• Get answers to your specific travel questions in the forums
• Add your own reviews and photos
• Download maps, reviews, and your saves for over 300 cities worldwide onto your phone for free; avoid using expensive data roaming plans while you travel
• Support for Apple Watch. The TripAdvisor Apple Watch app shows you the best places to eat, play and stay wherever you are. Want to visit the suggested places later? Just save it on your Apple Watch and view it later on your Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad or on TripAdvisor.com
Note: We optimized this app to conserve battery power and only use GPS where necessary. However please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 11.8
Thanks for using TripAdvisor! We bring updates to the App Store every 2 weeks. Every update of our app includes reliability and performance improvements.
***Love our free app? Please help us out and take a moment to review us on the App Store!***
Clunky Navigation; caught in Navigation loop
After long resisting to downloading this app, I was on a trip with only my iPhone and decided to download to compare it against the full screen computer version. I wanted to both search and write reviews. Neither worked well and the navigation is clunky. I could not easily find how to navigate to write a review. And at some point, I or it, downloaded an entire file for the location I was traveling. The problem was that I then moved to another location in the same country and I tried to search for lodging in that new location but it was taking me back to the downloaded information of the other location. i was caught in a navigation loop and couldn’t get out of it. Very very frustrating as I was trying to get new information on my new location. I reverted to the full screen version. I am more used to the full screen version and deleted this app. I normally don’t write a review for apps because I believe in the survival of the fittest and the best apps will survive over time. I am writing this review here because I couldn’t find a feedback link or “Contact” link on the app or on the full screen version. Wishing I could add a smothering of frown faced emojis right here.
Great app for traveling but needs some work
Very happy with Trip Advisor when traveling. It is easy to look up hotels and restaurants and easy to review. It is quirky when trying to find a hotel - it is darn near impossible to find the hotel number in the review! How goofy is that? I have look up a hotel in Trip Advisor, read the reviews, then go to Google Maps to get a phone number. Stupid app design. I guess they want us to book through them, but that doesn't work half the time.
Also when using Trip Advisor on iPad, I can only see a small sliver of the map and I can't use Trip Advisor to route myself to the destination. I have to use another app - Google Maps - to figure out how to get to my destination.
The best part of Trip Advisor are the reviews - great reviewers who are active and not afraid to write reviews. But the software programmers need to go out and use their own app on different platforms and fix the user interface quirks.
Great reservations + food service!
I arrived to South Beach Miami kind of late, I booked a last minute "standard rm" which It wasn't very nice at All! This is my 3rd x using Deauville Hotel- during the past 2.5 yr which btw always looks under construction-Lol-The next day not sure if I wanted to stay there longer I called reservation from outside the hotel (a coffee shop)and I got a very helpful person Alicia- not only she was a good listener but She help me with a great upgrade at a reasonable rate-so I decided to Stay Longer :) I Just want to say👍🏼 Kudos to Her!
Also let's not forget the little coffee shop rt. outside of the Hotel entrance-The service is Quick, Great n Food+Espresso are True Cuban Flavor-so Yummy! ☕️🍞🍳👏🏼
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Aug 27, 2015
- Version: 11.8
- Size: 82.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: TripAdvisor
- © 2015 TripAdvisor LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.