Hey, what song is that? SoundHound makes it simple to identify music playing around you. Whether you’re in the car or out and about — open the app, hit the big orange SoundHound button, let your phone listen for a few seconds, and we’ll tell you exactly what’s playing! It's been called pure magic — and with 300M+ downloads and billions of songs discovered — we tend to agree.
SoundHound comes equipped with “OK Hound…”, an incredibly powerful way to interact with the app using your voice. “OK Hound…” can help you navigate the app, activate the orange button, and playback songs hands-free. Simply say ‘OK Hound...’ from any screen and say a command!
Discovering new music is only half the fun of SoundHound. We’re music lovers too, so we’ve created an incredible experience for you to relive your discoveries with our music player. Connect your Apple Music or Spotify account to listen, build playlists, explore music across genres, and find new favorites - all with real-time, karaoke-style lyrics using LiveLyrics®. Don’t have an Apple Music or Spotify subscription? No sweat, we have you covered with our free, built-in YouTube player. This is your music journey.
Curious to know more? Here’s everything you need to know!
• Tap the SoundHound button in the app, in the notification center widget, or via 3D touch on the app icon to discover music playing around you! We’ll let you know everything about the song including title, artist, album, and lyrics!
• Have a song stuck in your head? Press the SoundHound button, sing or hum the tune, and we’ll do the rest!
• Keep track of all your discoveries in your own personal history
• Use the Apple Watch app to quickly identify music and sing-along with LiveLyrics. Users with a cellular-enabled Apple Watch can use the app without being connected to an iPhone
• Listen to songs and view lyrics in our free, built-in YouTube player
• Simply say ‘OK Hound....’ from any screen or tap the microphone on the play page. Once you see the listening panel, you can follow up with commands including:
App Navigation: ‘OK Hound… Show me my discoveries’
Help/Questions: ‘OK Hound… Show me what I can say’
Music Discovery: ‘OK Hound… What’s that song?’
Song Playback: ‘OK Hound... Play Hello by Adele’
Lyrics Search: ‘OK Hound... Show me lyrics to Castle on the Hill’
Top Charts: ‘OK Hound...Play today’s top songs’
Playlists (Spotify account & registration required): ‘OK Hound… Play my Discover weekly playlist on Spotify’
Add to Spotify Playlist (Spotify account & registration required): ‘OK Hound… Add this song to my playlist’
CONNECT AND SHARE
• Build personalized playlists through Apple Music or Spotify (SoundHound account and music subscription required)
• Access Spotify playlists for a richer playback experience through SoundHound
• View and interact with real-time, moving lyrics for your songs with LiveLyrics
• Keep all of your discoveries synced across multiple devices
• Share your music discoveries to Facebook, Twitter, messaging services, and email!
SoundHound is powered by Houndify, an independent voice-enabled AI platform that enables natural, conversational intelligences on any product.
You’ll never forget the words to a song again… We’ve added an all-new page dedicated to lyrics! Here’s what it can do:
• Lets you search for millions of songs just by typing in some of their lyrics
• Gives you easy access to lyrics for your latest discoveries and favorites
• Shows you lyrics for the top discovered songs across the world
We’ve also sprinkled many new features throughout the app!
Ratings and Reviews
I agree with Donald-t
The old gray mare just ain’t what she used to be.
This app used to deploy instantly and now even with new equipment it’s like waiting for a snail to cross the road.
A small snail and if your not sitting on top of a cell tower delivering LTE you are simply wasting your efforts by the time it deploys and stops telling you your not connected to the internet the song is gone. While using it in the wilds of the northwest where my carriers signal is still not the best it used to pull an I.D. Of something but no more I guess all developers think you have a cable connection in cell phone land and have started building for stay at home users. And the success rate has disappeared to next to nothing and it used to identify the most obscure music you could find. I have heard there are other music identification apps out there and I think I’m going to see what they are like. After many years of great music identified found and corralled with Soundhounds help I have reached the end of my patience to many backwards function losing updates and to many you are not connected to the internet messages I am gone now how do I take my history with me?
What happened to landscape mode?
UPDATE (November 20, 2018): What happened to landscape mode? I don’t like using Soundhound in portrait mode at all. Especially on an iPad. Please put the feature back. I’m docking the app 1 star but will dock more if landscape mode but will consider docking more if the doesn’t rotate at a later date.
(Old Review) I was hesitant at updating to the current version with all the negative reviews but I backed up my iPad 2 (iOS 5.1.1) and also kept a copy of the SoundHound version 5.0 app stored as a backup and updated the app.
I can say, with a pleasure, that it still recognizes songs that are popular and those are less. There are songs that are not going to be recognized because they are not yet added to SoundHound's database. You can submit those to the support team. It's not a 100% guarantee that you're going to find out a song that's obscure.
Falling short. I used to use this app all the time, when one day, I was streaming xm on my phone, heard a song I wanted to remember for later, I go to open the sound hound app and the music stops, ok, I go back to xm, hit play, go back to sound hound and the music stops again. It used to listen or scan what you were listening to and save it in your history.... and suddenly it stopped doing that.
Now, I try to scan a song I’m listening to in my house (my house WiFi is 400mps) and I’m told by I have bad connection... I snap, I do a speed test of my WiFi to get 390 reading.... this app has become garbage. And in the garbage it will go ✌️
- SoundHound, Inc.
- 78 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2015 SoundHound Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.