SoundHound∞ - Music Discovery
By SoundHound, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Music Discovery, Identification, & Voice-Controlled player
300M+ downloads, billions of songs discovered.
Hey, what song is that? SoundHound 8 makes it simple to discover music playing around you. Whether you’re in the car or out and about, open the app, hit the big orange SoundHound button, let your phone listen for a few seconds, and we’ll tell you exactly what’s playing! Some folks have called it pure magic, and we tend to agree.
Dude, where’s my app? We know your phone can get cluttered, so we’ve created a few shortcuts to that SoundHound button. Our notification center widget and 3D touch controls make discovering that song even quicker.
Look! No Hands! SoundHound comes equipped with “OK Hound…”, an incredibly powerful way to interact with SoundHound through your voice. “OK Hound…” can help you navigate the app, discover new music and playback songs hands-free. Simply say ‘OK Hound...’ from any screen and say a command!
Hey DJ, turn it up! Discovering new music is only half the fun of SoundHound. We’re music lovers too, so we’ve created an incredible experience for you to relive your discoveries with our music player. Connect your Apple Music or Spotify accounts to listen again, build playlists, explore music across genres, and find new favorites - all with real-time, karaoke-style lyrics through LiveLyrics®. Don’t have an Apple Music or Spotify subscription? No sweat, we have you covered with our free, built-in YouTube player.
This is your music journey. Every song you discover will be kept in your own personal history. Look up where you heard that song on your Music Map. Want to keep all your devices in sync? Be sure to register for a free SoundHound account!
Still curious about SoundHound? Here’s everything you need to know!
• Tap the SoundHound button in the app, in the notification center widget, or via 3D touch on the app icon to discover music playing around you! We’ll let you know everything about the song including title, artist, album, and lyrics!
• Have a song stuck in your head? Press the SoundHound button, sing or hum the tune and we’ll do the rest!
• To add the SoundHound widget to your notification center, swipe right on your iPhone’s lock screen. From there, scroll to the bottom, tap ‘Edit’ and then the ‘+’ next to SoundHound. You’re now ready to go!
• Keep track of all your discoveries in your own personal history
• See the hottest new music across Genre, Global, and Popular charts
• Find out what’s being played near you and around the world with our Music Map
• Songs you discover can be played back for free via our built-in YouTube player
• View lyrics when playing back a song from YouTube
• SoundHound comes with ‘OK Hound…’, an incredibly fast and accurate way to find great music with your voice. Hound is built with natural language understanding, so speak like you would with a friend.
• Simply say ‘OK Hound....’ from any screen or tap the microphone on the play page. Once you see the listening panel, you can follow up with commands including:
• ‘OK Hound...show me my discoveries’
• ‘OK Hound...Show me what I can say’
• ‘OK Hound...what’s that song?’
• ‘OK Hound... Play Hello by Adele’
• ‘OK Hound... Show me lyrics to Castle on the hill’
• ‘OK Hound...Play today’s top songs’’
Add to Spotify Playlist (registration required)
• ‘OK Hound...Add this song to my playlist’
• Build personalized playlists through Apple Music or Spotify (SoundHound account and music subscription required)
• View and interact with real-time, moving lyrics for your songs with LiveLyrics(r)
• Keep all of your discoveries in sync across multiple devices
• Share your music discoveries to Facebook, Twitter, messaging services and email!
Don’t want banner ads? Upgrade to SoundHound∞: https://04ii.app.link/RXaRXypntA
What's New in Version 8.1
+iOS 11 support, bug fixes, & text search on home page
Ruined UI, Slower and Slower
SoundHound used to be my clear favorite music identification app. It was faster and more accurate than Shazam, and its user interface was simply functional, not bogged down by useless graphic animations. Recent updates have made me want to stop using SoundHound completely. I don't want to talk to my phone when I want it to search for a song. Ever. I will never say "Ok Hound" in front of other people and sound like a moron. Song searches fail to find results far more often than they used to, and even though I have Pre-Listening and Search-when-Launched turned on in app settings, it still often fails to execute a search fast enough to catch a song, because the app has become too bloated to load quickly. Developers: Dump the feature bloat, focus on speed, search accuracy, and function, and give me a way to completely eliminate suggestions to use Ok Hound, or I'm done with this app and will use every possible opportunity to tell other iOS users why they shouldn't bother with it either. Read the reviews. Swallow your pride. Make the app like it used to be, before you become irrelevant.
Updates have ruined this app
Up until recently, I loved this app and used it multiple times each day. However, the recent updates have made it almost unusable. Now, it is slow and often fails to identify songs. At times, I have actually had to leave the app and use Siri (which uses Shazam) to identify a song. Please fix the app before I am forced to delete it and find something else.
This app used to be able to tell me if I had a song or not. How do I know whether or not to bookmark a song anymore? We don't, without leaving the app, opening music and typing the name of the song, going back to sound hound and bookmarking it. Bring this feature back!! Oh and Apple Watch app back too please 👍
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 10, 2017
- Version: 8.1
- Size: 72.5 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: SoundHound, Inc.
- © 2015 SoundHound Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.