Shazam is one of the world’s most popular apps, used by more than 100 million people each month to identify music, get song lyrics, and now to discover the music that artists discover themselves.
"Shazam is an app that feels like magic" --Techradar.com
Identify music instantly and share in the thrill of music discovery with the artists you love.
See what top artists like Drake, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber, The Weeknd, Ed Sheeran, DJ Khaled and others are Shazaming.
• New discoveries from artists you’ve Shazamed appear automatically
• Follow new artists with a tap of a button and see what those artists are Shazaming
• Stay up-to-date about new singles, albums, and videos from the artists you follow
• Enjoy music lyrics and YouTube videos
• Preview songs and add them to Apple Music or Spotify playlists *
• Launch Pandora radio based on artists you discover *
• With Auto Shazam we'll keep finding tunes for you even when you leave the app
DISCOVER & BUY
• Stay in the loop with Shazam’s real time charts
• Quick links to Apple Music and the iTunes store
• Connect Apple Music or Spotify to play full tracks in Shazam
• Check out recommended tracks to discover new music
• Find out what’s popular in your town, your country and the world
CONNECT & SHARE
• See what your friends are Shazaming when you connect your Facebook account
• Share your discoveries through Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and more...
SHAZAM FROM YOUR WATCH
• Launch Shazam on your Apple Watch to name that song in seconds, right from your wrist!
• See your past Shazams with a simple swipe up
• Use Handoff on Apple Watch and iPhone to buy the song on iTunes, watch videos, and much more
MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE
• Shazam visual recognition gets you more - tap the camera icon on iPhone to Shazam posters, magazines or books; anywhere where you see the Shazam camera logo
• Previewing and buying music requires the iTunes music store in your country
• Some features are location, device and app version dependent
Any questions or feedback? Check out: https://support.shazam.com
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Love the app? Rate us! Your feedback is music to our ears, and it helps us make Shazam even better. Got a question? Visit support.shazam.com
Ratings and Reviews
It is the technology I have been waiting for since 1990...
There have been songs that truly have been ingrained in my life since 91' where I never knew who the hell was the artist or song. On a tv show, a random commercial, etc. that have slipped through my fingers and traveled onward into the dark distance. I never caught the artist or the song. And I would sing these songs carving down the mountain or riding a wave internally for all this time.. When Shazam came out it literally changed my life on this earth. I finally have found what I have been searching for. You Shazam have found what I have been searching for. Now I use it anytime I feel moved in hearing a song at a store, a party, a commercial, a Movie. It has made me a better person. We are finally entering an age where the shadow of the sun is no longer. I beckon the suns musicals waves with the power of Shazam! Thank you my friend! You are a beautiful creation.
Apple made it worse
Shazam was one of the most inventive and useful apps ever created. I’ve been using it since the beginning. For many years it was rumored that Apple would buy Shazam - usually a good thing. Apple tends to make software better after they buyer it (well except for all the professional applications they discontinued after purchasing so they could use pieces of their technology in other, non professional, consumer applications/apps).
In this case, Apple made it much harder to link to and buy songs in the iTunes music store. Instead they want to force you to use Apple Music which I have no need for at all with my very large collection of music I already own. Unfortunately, I’m going to switch to another competitor app, which I hate to do. I’m a huge Apple fan, but this app doesn’t work for me any longer. Fortunately, there’s not many songs I like that I don’t already own, so it won’t be that big an inconvenience in my case. These company’s just don’t want you to own anything anymore, they want that consistent monthly income from you renting everything. I hate revolving dept.
Okay, so I may not be musically talented, but I’m definitely a huge music fan. I’m always down to listen to new music. No matter where I am, when I hear a good song over the radio or in a store, I Shazam it and it helps me identify it. It’s so much easier than using Siri or Googling lyrics. And every now and then, I’ll use the app to try and understand a song’s lyrics. However, my only issue with the app is the format. I don’t know what it is about it, but it’s slightly confusing and obnoxious. I never use the discover page in the app for this reason. Although, I’m not sure I would use it even if the layout was better. And for those of you who are complaining about the app not recognizing songs, I don’t think it’s because the app doesn’t know it. I just think you are simply doing it wrong. I had that issue at first. The app best identifies songs when you open it and wait a few seconds before “Shazaming” a song.
- Shazam Entertainment Limited
- 85.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2019 Shazam Entertainment Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade From (Shazam)RED Free
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.