Moonlight Mahjong Lite
By Midnight Martian
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Moonlight Mahjong is Mahjong Solitaire in virtual reality 3D, designed specifically for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Intuitive touch control allows you to tilt and turn, zoom in and out to match tiles in 3D. Play “arcade style” with progressively difficult levels and high scores, or relax with one of the non-competitive game modes. The gameplay is simple yet addictive.
Moonlight Mahjong features four main types of play:
• Scramble Mode: Match tiles faster than the automated opponent "Tilebot" through increasingly difficult levels. The board is automatically reshuffled when you run out of matches, making this game mode easy to start and fun, yet challenging on the higher levels.
• Challenge Mode: Compete against Tilebot in full puzzle mode, with no automatic reshuffling, only undo. Challenge requires more strategy than Scramble. This is the ‘pure’ form of the game, but it is difficult!
• Puzzle Mode: Solve puzzle boards with no time limit. Choose any layouts you like. This is the original game mode, what people usually think of as Mahjong Solitaire.
• Relaxation Mode: Clear boards with no time limit and automatic reshuffling when out of matches. Perfect for when you're just not in the mood to strategize or rush.
This free advertising-supported version of Moonlight Mahjong features five complete game modes (the main four, plus 'Lightning Mode'). The full version of Moonlight Mahjong offers a few additional features with no advertisements.
Moonlight Mahjong is the original 3D Mahjong Solitaire on iOS, having debuted with the launch of the App Store in 2008. It has been honored as a "Best Board Game" on the App Store, and was in the original Best 100 Apps and Games on iLounge.com.
For layout updates and news, "like" Moonlight Mahjong on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MoonlightMahjong
What's New in Version 3.2.2
• Fixed an issue where Tilebot paused too long after reshuffling on very high levels. (Honestly, I missed this one because some of you appear to be much better at playing Moonlight Mahjong than I am. Sorry.)
• This should (I hope) be the last bug fix update for a while. Thank you for the positive reviews; they are much appreciated. Since the reviews essentially disappear with each app update, it’s always helpful if you can update yours.
In Version 3.2:
• Lite version only: Switched to a different advertising provider. If you don’t like ads, consider purchasing the full version instead of playing the free Lite version.
• When you lose a game in Scramble mode, you now go back only one level instead of three. (Please note: Re-playing the same level is not something that is going to happen. There needs to be some level of challenge to the game; otherwise it stops being a game. However, there is always Relaxation Mode.)
• Achievements and Leaderboards are now shared between the Lite and full versions; so you can keep your high scores if you upgrade, or compare your scores to friends on either version.
• Matches are now highlighted when you lose.
• Support for full resolution on iPad Pro.
• There is now a time penalty for taking screenshots; this is because the introduction of iPad multitasking made it a little too easy to cheat. On the other hand, there is no longer a time penalty for leaving the app.
• Minor bug fixes and enhancements.
I've been playing this game for years! Back when losing set you back 7 levels, then 3, now 1? Now the board freezes. I click on tiles and it freezes for a couple of seconds while I watch tilebot make several matches, either catching up or surpassing me, thus I lose and am set back and back and back. Before this update, I was at level 79. I have yet to get back to that. I'm stuck between levels 61-65, continuously sent back due to the freezes. And when tilebot freezes, I can also catch up or surpass BUT (!!!) and this is a big BUT (!!!) it doesn't matter bc I could be down to just a few matches to get to the next level and BAM! Tilebot has beaten me?? With over half of its board to go??
Do what? How? When I was so far ahead and tilebot was frozen after rescrambling....
Well, I watched it one time, just to see what was going on. Yep, tilebot froze for several seconds, BUT when it started back up it was like he was in gangum mode!!! I mean, how can it get 8 matches AT ONCE!!?? AT ONCE??? Please fix this glitch!!
Okay......that's it. I'm done. As much as I have loved this game it's no longer worth the frustration. I'm deleting it.
Latest bug fix doesn't work
At high levels (I am at 51) tilebot still freezes and does not generate the next board. The wait is frustrating and annoying but the only option to continue play is to go back to level 40. This essentially ruins the game. Also, I don't like the latest format that makes the game increasingly difficult as you progress. Even though you go back only 1 level when you lose, it has become ridiculously hard at high levels. The game is definitely less fun now.
Just clawed my way back to Level 58 after being forced to restart at Level 40. The thing is frozen again and is not generating the next level. I will stop playing rather than go back again. Really disappointing.
Moonlight Mahjong Lite
This is a very addicting game and I had been playing this for years and even paid to have the version without any ads. Then I bought a new iPad and am now back to original, with ad interruptions almost every game. Would like you to put a PAUSE button for stopping when needed. Also, may I suggest a RELAX mode for people who just want to play and relax but not challenge oneself! The speed on the tilebot is so uneven that sometimes I don't know how I could have failed! I've reached over level 200 but now cannot advance more than level 120!! Please try to amend and reduce the tiles so it won't be so straining to the eyes. Thank you.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 29, 2016
- Version: 3.2.2
- Size: 45.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Michael Howard
- © 2008 Michael R. Howard
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.