Moonlight Mahjong Lite
By Midnight Martian
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Moonlight Mahjong is Mahjong Solitaire in virtual reality 3D, designed specifically for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Intuitive touch control allows you to tilt and turn, zoom in and out to match tiles in 3D. Play “arcade style” with progressively difficult levels and high scores, or relax with one of the non-competitive game modes. The gameplay is simple yet addictive.
Moonlight Mahjong features four main types of play:
• Scramble Mode: Match tiles faster than the automated opponent "Tilebot" through increasingly difficult levels. The board is automatically reshuffled when you run out of matches, making this game mode easy to start and fun, yet challenging on the higher levels.
• Challenge Mode: Compete against Tilebot in full puzzle mode, with no automatic reshuffling, only undo. Challenge requires more strategy than Scramble. This is the ‘pure’ form of the game, but it is difficult!
• Puzzle Mode: Solve puzzle boards with no time limit. Choose any layouts you like. This is the original game mode, what people usually think of as Mahjong Solitaire.
• Relaxation Mode: Clear boards with no time limit and automatic reshuffling when out of matches. Perfect for when you're just not in the mood to strategize or rush.
This free advertising-supported version of Moonlight Mahjong features five complete game modes (the main four, plus 'Lightning Mode'). The full version of Moonlight Mahjong offers a few additional features with no advertisements.
Moonlight Mahjong is the original 3D Mahjong Solitaire on iOS, having debuted with the launch of the App Store in 2008. It has been honored as a "Best Board Game" on the App Store, and was in the original Best 100 Apps and Games on iLounge.com.
For layout updates and news, "like" Moonlight Mahjong on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MoonlightMahjong
What's New in Version 3.1.2
• Fixed a bug where the game would not resume properly after a full-screen ad.
In Version 3.1.1:
• Fixed a bug where layout statistics did not appear in the Layouts view on iPad.
• Removed the "Multiplayer over Bluetooth" options in the Game Mode menu. Please use the "Game Center Multiplayer" options instead; they do the same thing except better, and Game Center now has an option to connect to nearby players.
In Version 3.1:
• Updated to support full resolution on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
• Updated for iOS 8. iOS 7 or later is required for this update.
• Important fix for a bug where the level may not advance when the app is launched on iOS 8.
• Losing in Scramble or Challenge mode now sends you back only three levels instead of five.
• 58 new built-in layouts submitted by Moonlight Mahjong users. See the earlier release notes for the full list.
Challenging game, could be better
This game is challenging with many different boards and how many pieces are hidden. But there needs to be some changes to make it a great game.
First, the player should be able to shuffle the tikes whenever. Nothing is more frustrating than having only one move and it takes forever to find. Sometimes it feels after I rotate it 20 times the piece magically becomes the piece on the top which would of been obvious.
Second if get rid of the phantom player and put in a timer. Maybe carryover times from other boards to help a person complete one of the big ones. Countless of times I glance at the phantom player and we look even and with 15 seconds they are done. Also for boards with hidden levels, you can't expect someone to find all the matches quickly. Maybe use the time for each board as the average it takes someone to complete, as you go higher in level subtract some seconds off to make it a bit harder.
All in all this game is sometimes fun but highly frustrating.
If I were able to less than 1 star for this app I most definitely would! The developers are truly retarded if they think that people would buy the statement "challenging". This game is actually impossible after you hit level 30. If they had any brains, which I doubt they do, they would realize that their layout generator for each sequence is annoying and puts a huge advantage on the cpu 9 times out of ten, therefore why would anyone play if the chances of winning are practically zero. If you like majhong, great. Look elsewhere for your fix because I guarantee you will either throw your device at a wall in frustration or you will simply delete the app from your device after getting as far as I mentioned above. Let me save you the trouble, don't even bother downloading this app.
Well this is the most addicting app. Still give it five stars. BUT...
I almost finished Pyramid Town and had five left. Yes five. One little tile had no match! Almost 1000 tiles done. Heart pumping
At the last few knowing I would finally complete it after many tries, and surprise!! No match. Wish I could post the photo.
Other than that, I play every chance I get and get better and better. I almost completed another big one. Over1,300 tiles.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 03, 2014
- Version: 3.1.2
- Size: 44.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Michael Howard
- © 2008 Michael R. Howard
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.