Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Mote Massacre is a variation of Tower Defense for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Players place offensive towers onto a field to prevent incoming units (called motes) from reaching the other side of the field. Three different classes of towers may be strategically placed and upgraded. Only a limited number of motes may cross the field.
Visit gxjones.com for more details.
What's New in Version 1.2.53
- Redesigned Help screen now shows tower descriptions
- Improved performance of tower selection screen
- New sprouting-boss motes: These boss-level motes when destroyed break-off into more regular-level motes.
- New field background graphics
New Help Screen:
- Moved from the '?' in the tower selection page
- Hints and Tips
- Full descriptions of all towers
- Mote descriptions
- Tap and Hold on the tower selection screen now shows the tower costs and name
- 5 New field background graphics
- 'Free Upgrade Targets' appear randomly on the field as green arrows. When it appears you have 10 seconds to use the free upgrade otherwise it expires and disappears.
New towers will be accessible via an Advanced Technologies Base-Tower. This tower will be free to build and will allow advanced upgrades to the tower. These upgrades are:
- Rapid Fire Tower: Increases nearby tower firing speed down-to 50% of the tower's unmodified firing speed
- Anti-Air Sonic Wave Tower - blasts nearby flying motes away from the tower stunning them momentarily (only works on air motes, also does damage)
- Poison Towers (Ranks 1 to 4) - Hurls poisonous balls towards motes dealing an area of damage. Motes within the poison are momentarily slowed. This tower has a very long range.
Three new sandbox modes:
- Rocket Apocalypse
- Free-play mode: Build all towers free of resource cost.
- Grounded Motes Only: Air motes are disabled
- Timed Block has been removed and is now replaced as a Time Freeze Tower: Stops time for both towers and motes, allowing you to place towers without needing to rush. Your score is decreased every second you use this tower to your advantage.
- Resistance penetration of higher ranked and tiered towers have been reduced significantly. A variety of tower types will be necessary to succeed.
- The duration of the stun caused by Tier 2 Explosive Tower has been increased to 2 seconds (from 1 second).
- Rocket and Frost towers have had their stats modified to factor in the number of effected motes
Love the game, even if it is 'beta'
While I can understand why some of the reviewers don't want to be "beta testers" this game still rocks. I love tower defense games and particularly ones with an open playing field where I create the maze. Sure it would be nice if the gamer were finished further but even in its current state I can't stop playing every chance I get. One thing I'd agree on with a previous reviewer, I don't think towers should be too easy to move once set. There should be a cancel option when placing a new tower though because often you will place them where you didn't mean to place them. Can't wait to see how the game evolves.
Great Game, Good Price
Yea 99 Cents and this game is great thank u for this, it's really fun and kills a lot of time, it's simple yet addicting, and I hope the updates add more towers and landscapes, Overall it's a great game it's 99 cents get it fast!
Thank u for the update it's even more amazing now thanks it's great
Favorite 99 cent app
I normally dont write reviews but this game is amazing. By far the best TD game for the iPod. I have over 100 apps and I play this one over 50% of the time. Definetaly worth the buck and way better than fieldrunners.