OmNomNom (Classic Snake)
By Phase2 Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Okay, so, this game was really made more for us than anything. We really were missing the old school days playing Snake on our phones, when practically EVERY phone came with it, and decided to make it.
As it turned out, this was one of our hardest projects, just because the testing phase kept going over-schedule. We're not quite sure why...
Anyhow, we finally decided that if we loved it this much, other people might just, too, so we polished it up, slapped an old-school phone feel on top of it, and sent it out the door to you, the loyal App Store public.
The game includes:
- Three difficulty levels
- Three playing field sizes per difficulty
- An innovative "Progressive" mode that makes the game challenging when you first start out, but lets you keep playing by expanding the playing area dynamically as your snake outgrows its "habitat"
- High scores recorded for each level/size combination
- Automatic game saving when receiving a call or exiting to the home screen
- Auto-switching between portrait and landscape modes simply by rotating your iPhone/iPod for a whole new control mode
- Absolute (up/down/left/right) controls in portrait mode via on-screen buttons, just like you're used to (none of this trying to get the snake to follow your taps on the playing field)
- Relative (left/right) controls in landscape mode, to let you control from the snake's perspective
- Two awesome gameplay axises (axes? that sounds like we're playing gauntlet or something. Axii?)
- High-tech 2d graphics
- Super-cool old-school phone skin
- Top-notch support
- Free updates for life!
- Tap playing area to pause the game
- Two skins (classic and colorful)
- Optional walls (walls are always on in Progressive mode)
What's New in Version 1.3
Fixing a graphics problem found on devices running 3.0.
Next Time, Beat The System
First of all, this is a great game to pass off time. Note that I didn't pay for it; I still think that it is worth the small fee. I can't get mad at of company that wants to make some money and mentioned that they wouldl charge money. Macs are very expensive and the developers do deserve something for their efforts. That being said, I do believe that the reviews should reset or split between paid and free because most of the reviews are from when it was free, but that's Apple's fault.
And for those who are upset that good free games switch to paid and add a bunch of features, just check the free apps page everyday and get the new ones that pop up and look good. The page updates everyday, not just on Tuesdays , and when the app turns paid, you get the free updates. It worked for me with Breakclassic and this one.
The reviews are all right. Just like my first cell phone a nokia.
The only snake game that's well made. Well thought out. I tried em all. Its sad that out of all the iphone snake games this is the only up to standard, But here it is. Thank you very much.
Only suggestion now is more skins, not needed though. But with in app purchases, people would pay. I'd rather have more speed options than board size options too. But, great. Thanks.
Great game, but needs updating badly.
This game is really great at capturing the feel of the old school snake game, but it has now been almost 4 years since its last update, it's not even retina optimized, let alone widescreen for the 6 month old iPhone 5. This game used to be a must buy, but at this point I don't know about supporting a developer who has clearly lost interest in supporting this game.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 01, 2009
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 1.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Phase2 Media
- © 2008 Phase2 Media
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.