By gandreas software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Deluxe fantasy role playing dice roller that actually rolls dice!
- All the standard dice shapes (d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, d20)
- Exotic dice shapes (d14, d16, d18, d24, d30, and now d48, d60)
- Specially marked dice for d100, d1000 and dice for FUDGE
- "Relabelled" dice to simulate d1 (binomial 0 or 1), d2, d3, d5, d7, d9, and averaging d6 dice.
- Richest dice formula language available:
- Add, subtract, multply, divide dice results and constant values
- Modify dice results to take the highest N dice, lowest N dice, etc... (making it trivial to do "roll 4 six sided dice, keep the 3 highest" = "4d6H3")
- Includes support for Storyteller style "count dice greater or equal to a given threshold, subtracting any 1s from that" (so a dice pool of 5 with a target number of 8 is "5d10tn8")
- Open ended (aka "exploding") dice
- Fully customizable list of "favorite" dice formulas (edit, add, delete, reorder)
- Multiple background, dice textures
- Choose between single colored dice, or multi-colored
- Free-form mode lets you add/remove dice, ignore certain dice, or "hold" others such that they remain where they are when you reroll.
- Shake your phone to roll (or just tap the "reroll" button for secret rolls)
- Organize all your settings into multiple "game rooms" allowing you to easily switch between different gaming styles
- Character sheets integrated into the Dicenomicon - keep track of your characters abilities, stats, rolls, etc... No more erasing holes in your paper character sheets!
- Browse PDFs and more in the background behind your dice
- Dropbox support to make it easier to share game data between devices
What's New in Version 3.2.1
Fixed crash on pre iOS 7 systems
Documentation Broken... 3.2.1
Purchased this based on reviews about the web. Seems very powerful, but apparently the author's website/forum that he uses for support and documentation is down. This means no questions can be asked or answered, and beyond basic features you can get no info about the app. Links in help go dead and return no pages. Advise you give the app a pass until the developer's site comes back online.
Still the Best
Still the most powerful dice app on the App Store by a big margin. Looks great, and the UI is good. Particularly useful if you play more than just d20 games. It has every type of die you can imagine, and for those who need the power, it's even scriptable.
Decent App, Bad Peripheral Support
The app itself is fairly decent. The available char sheets don't include D&D 5E, but that's just an annoyance. Unfortunately, it doesn't properly support using a bluetooth keyboard in setting up die rolls. You have to use the onscreen keyboard for them.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 06, 2014
- Version: 3.2.1
- Size: 37.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Glenn Andreas
- © 2008-2013 gandreas software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.