By Phase2 Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OmNomNom Lite is the fantastic, fun, phenomenal, FREE version of our hugely-popular snake game, OmNomNom.
You all know the drill; steer your snake around the screen, eating apples, while avoiding your ever-growing tail and walls (if you've got them enabled).
This is the simple, classic game you've played on your phone for years!
The game includes:
- Three difficulty levels
- Three playing field sizes per difficulty, plus an innovative "Progressive" mode that makes the game challenging when you first start out, but lets you keep playing by expanding the playing area dynamically as your snake outgrows its "habitat"
- High scores recorded for each level/size combination
- Automatic game saving when receiving a call or exiting to the home screen
- Auto-switching between portrait and landscape modes simply by rotating your iPhone or iPod for a whole new control mode
- Absolute (up/down/left/right) controls in portrait mode via super-responsive on-screen buttons, just like you're used to (none of this trying to get the snake to follow your taps on the playing field)
- Relative (left/right) controls in landscape mode, to let you control from the snake's perspective
- Two awesome gameplay axises (axes? that sounds like we're playing gauntlet or something. Axii?)
- High-tech 2d graphics
- Super-cool old-school phone skin
- Colorful jungle skin
- Top-notch support
- Free updates for life!
- Tap playing area to pause the game
- Optional walls (walls are always on in Progressive mode)
The Lite version has pre-set goals for each playing field size. Once you reach the goal for a given game, you can continue to play, but no more fruit will appear, so your tail won't get any longer.
In the full version, the only goal is to keep eating those apples until the entire field is filled with the snake's tail, qualifying you for entry into our Hall of Champions (and a chance at a $50 iTunes gift card)! (see more details at http://phase2games.com)
What's New in Version 1.3
Fixing a graphics problem found on devices running 3.0.
Classic 'snake' game done well. But mabye not well enough to complete on this platform.
Simple game from 25 years ago called Snake or Apple. This version has some interesting features, but I don't think the core game is paritcularly good. I like the fact it gives you a touch pad to play with rather than swipes or the edges of the screen. But while it may be me, I don't think the controls are responsive enough to make split second decisions. It shows you the time and battery life, if you use the 'classic cell phone' skin. Hard to recommend considering the other free games out there, but it is a classic.
I honestly don't know what else this game could have. It is awesome compared to all the other free snake games.
Its just ok.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 01, 2009
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 1.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Phase2 Media
- © 2008 Phase2 Media
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.