Ever find yourself wandering around Australia somewhere and seeing those grey clouds on the horizon and wonder if you're going to make it to cover in time? Or if you need to go buy another umbrella on your way home? RainRadarAU (formerly BOMRadar) can help. Displaying a sequence of real time radar images sourced from the Bureau of Meteorology, RainRadarAU shows the direction and intensity of the rain on your selected radar. With this information you can judge how long it will take for rain to reach you, and maybe when a gap will appear for you to escape.
*NOTE*: This application shows Australian rain radar information only.
* Selectable radar distances 64km/128km/256km/512km to see a small/big picture of the rain
* Wind Doppler radar on selected radars showing wind speed/direction
* Current weather observations to for current temperature, wind speed/direction, and rain fall since 9am in various locations.
* National radar and satellite map
* Zoom the radar map using pinch and pan to get a closer look
* Double tap to zoom in/Two-Finger double tap to zoom out
* Turn on/off extra layers for each radar including: Observations, Topography, Roads, Railway
* Your current GPS location indicated on map
* Locate radars closest to you using your current GPS location
* Image cache for storing frequently used image backgrounds
* Add favourite radars to quickly jump between radar locations or to load on start
* "On Launch" option to load straight into Closest Radar, Top Favourite or National Radar
* Automatic updating of radars
* Retina quality icons/legends
* Fast downloading and updating of images
* Fixed a bug where if a radar was down and you went to Next Radar, the app would crash if you reloaded the backup radar again in the same session.
* Fixed an issue where clicking cancel on the popup for the radar being down, wouldn't take you back to the previous screen.
Ratings and Reviews
This is a Fantastic Weather Radar app. Thank you soo much for building it, to use BOM data. Well worth installing. I look at radars all the time at BOM Website. Now I can see it wherever I am.
Great app for Australia. If you disregard the bad ratings from shallow thinking yanks who believe the USA is the centre of the Universe, everyone gives this 5 stars. Great job.
Great app. Thanks for making this free. my only suggestion would be to add the full Australia veiw radar that BOM offers.
- Simon Coggins
- 7.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Simon Coggins
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.