** UPDATE** You can now view your Air Cam remotely from any computer by visiting: http://goaircam.com
"Air Cam Live Video for the iPhone and iPod touch is a great application for viewing your live webcam feeds over local, Wi-Fi or 3G and EDGE networks..." --- Macword
Air Cam lets you view live video feed (and optionally, audio) from your computer's internal or external webcam directly on your iOS device.
Need to have a baby monitor or a nanny cam? Set up your iSight webcam in the baby’s bedroom, and remotely check up on your baby with your iOS device without stepping into the room.
Ever wonder what your cats or dogs are doing when you are not there? Use Air Cam to remotely monitor them, while you are in another room. Why limiting to your pets; do it to your roommates too.
When hooked up with an external webcam, you can even turn Air Cam into a home surveillance system. Simply point your webcam to the location you want to monitor, and receive live video feed on your iOS device. You can even set up motion detection that automatically triggers email and video recording.
* Continuous video and audio feed.
* Compatible with most internal and external USB webcams.
* Support multiple webcam connections.
* Support push notification.
* Volume, frame rate and sync control directly from your device.
* Take snapshots of the video feed and save them into iOS's photo library.
* Support streaming over Edge/3G with automatic connection and/or port forwarding.
* Support remote video recording.
* Support motion detection, motion triggered recording, and motion triggered email notification.
* Support both Mac and Windows.
* Apple Watch support.
* Free future update for life.
** IMPORTANT: To ensure your webcam is compatible, please download and install our Mac or Windows software first. Make sure the software works correctly on your system BEFORE purchasing Air Cam on iTunes.
Software download site is: http://www.senstic.com/iphone/aircam/aircam.aspx
Please read carefully of the following requirement before purchasing Air Cam:
1. A desktop or laptop running Mac OS X 10.7 or above (previous OS X versions are not supported) or Windows with compatible internal or external webcam.
2. A shared Wi-Fi network between your computer and your iOS device. Air Cam also works with mobile networks with port forwarding of TCP port 1726. Air Cam supprts UPNP for automatic port forwarding.
3. Download and run the free Mac or Windows software from http://www.senstic.com/iphone/aircam/aircam.aspx to stream your video feed.
*** If you have problem getting Air Cam to work, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will help you fix the problem.
* Improve support to newer devices.
Ratings and Reviews
You get what you pay for!!!
I tried at home camera something something and I hate to talk badly that's not what this is about but it was very complicated just didn't work at all. The customer service was very responsive but not much they could possibly do.
I went to air cams website and downloaded THEIR software. Now listen to me - I am an app junkie, Ive tried all kinds. This is by far the most professional program I've seen. Therfore the easiest also. I tried all the wireless flash drive apps and all that and they can be shaky but this did everything by itself asked me for password downloaded some bonjour from apple by itself and hooked my logitech cam up. I downloaded the app to ipod touch put in my password and boom.
Haven't tried remote viewing yet and it does seem if you have more than one camera you'd have to restart the app to view a different one. I only have one camera.
Great app! Works as advertised!
I used the app with the built in cam on my Asus eeepc on winxp and it works flawlessly. Just follow the instructions provided and you are good to go. The wife and I are having a baby soon and after reading about the app, I wanted to test it to see if I can use this as a baby monitor. Works great even outside my own wifi. Edge is almost useless, however. Few tweaks needed: allow us to go back to the connection screen after camera has started. Allow us to end a stream without exiting the app. Maybe split or 4 way view with different cameras? I believe another app does this. Better ui once we are in camera mode. The icons don't make sense until you hit the info button, which is also hard to hit. Other than that, I am happy with the app. Worth the money but needs a few tweaks. Great app!
Set up took 3 minutes!
My wife and I are expecting our first child and for that reason we have been looking for a video monitoring system for our little one. Needless to say these systems are a bit pricey. After downloading the Air Cam software to my Macbook Pro and the app to my 1st generation iphone, which by the way took only 3 minutes to set up, I had my own video monitoring system (with sound) set and ready to go for a fraction of the cost!!! I have however noticed that there can be a bit of lag from the video feed as well as some syncing issues between the audio and video. However the syncing can be mostly worked out with a simple adjustment to the Air Cam settings and the video lag is minimal and something I can easily live with. For the price... it more than delivers! I'm totally digging this app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.