By Lang Software Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ChessGenius, award winning chess program. Superb playing strength. The author's chess programs have won ten World Championships. Packed with features for beginners and experts:
* 33 playing levels including easy and blitz. Network connection not required
* Displays thinking. Who is winning, by how much and the moves that ChessGenius is planning. Also Chess clocks, Captured pieces and Opening name. e.g. B12 Caro-Kann
* Save/load games in PGN format. Send games by email. Set-up position
* Easy import / export of PGN database files with iTunes file sharing
* Hint, Show legal moves and Tutor. ChessGenius can warn if a blunder/weak move is played and give the option of take back
* Unlimited take back and step forward
* Play against ChessGenius. Also 2 player, self play and analysis mode
* Game is restored after exit and restart
* Powerful, compact and fast
* Simple, elegant user interface
What's New in Version 4.0.0
The user interface has been rewritten for iOS 7 and 8
Native resolution support for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
All functions now work in Portrait and Landscape
New Piece sets, Board colors and patterns
Optional display of captured pieces
Optional count of positions searched
Adjustable Hash table size for stronger play
still great after all these years
i wrote my first review for chessgenius in 2008. at that time i was new to iphone. the most recent app update compliments my 6 Plus hardware and continues to deliver challenging chess. this chess app is one of a small group of chess apps that i use frequently.
Long Time Fan
A long time and loyal Richard Lang fan. The author will be in the chess programmers Hal of Fame if they ever create one. His chess programs dominated the chess programming world in the late 80's and early 90's.
All the best Richard!
Ps one of the few chess apps that display the board/menu correctly while using hotspot.
Chess Genius is a great app.
On my iPhone 6s when playing strength is set to "instant" and permanent brain off, CG beats Hiarcs set to 2300 on my iPad Air 2.
One area of improvement might be to adjust the playing level options or dynamically adapt the level descriptions to the power of the CPU/GPU because the first level after easy is now master on the latest iPhone.
Thanks for all the hours of chess fun and learning.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 30, 2014
- Version: 4.0.0
- Size: 0.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Lang Software Limited
- © 2014 Lang Software Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.