TripView displays Sydney and Melbourne public transport timetable data on your phone. It features a summary view showing your next services, as well as a full timetable viewer. All timetable data is stored on your phone, so it can be used offline.
- View times for any saved trip with a single tap
- Real-time delay information and vehicle map (Sydney only, subject to data availability)
- Trackwork and service interruption information
- Interactive maps (create your trip by clicking on your station/stop)
- Alarms (arrival/departure, time/distance)
- Multi-modal trip editor (customise exact change locations / lines)
- View your favourite trips on Apple Watch
Realtime data is available for the following operators:
- Sydney Trains (Sydney metro area only, excluding Waterfall and the T6 Line)
- Sydney and Newcastle Buses
- Hillsbus, Forest Coach Lines, Busways Blacktown, Transdev North Shore
- Sydney Ferries
- Sydney Light Rail (excluding stops between Exhibition Centre and Central)
NOTE: Best efforts are taken to ensure timetable accuracy, but no guarantees are made. If you find an error in the timetable, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details. No guarantees are made about real-time data availability. If the transit operator doesn't provide real-time data for a particular service, TripView will revert to showing the scheduled time, as per the timetable.
Alarms require iOS4 and a device that is capable of multitasking. Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Added support for real-time bus accessibility information
- Added an option to show icons next to accessible services (under Tools/Settings)
- Added a 'Show Vehicle Type' option to the timetable/map page menu for Sydney bus services
- Fixed issue where bus vehicle markers were being shown under bus stop markers on the map
- Fixed layout on the timetable/map page for large font sizes
- Fixed Siri Shortcuts button in Voiceover mode
Ratings and Reviews
I just moved to Sydney from the States. I live in the city and don’t own a car so I take public transportation for everything. This app makes it so easy to figure out how to move around without the hassle of trying to read the maps.
a great app
This app makes public transport in Sydney super easy. watch you bus come down the road on the real-time map and time your leaving any building to catch the bus with ease. You can also tap any bus stop to see any bus stopping there and where it can take you.
This app doesn't stand alone if you don't know where you are going. You still need to rely on something like google maps and for this to be a really helpful app, it needs to include a feature that allows you to look up your route, otherwise you are just juggling between multiple apps
- TripView Pty Ltd
- 23.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2008 - 2019 TripView Pty Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.