t Chess Pro
By Tom Kerrigan
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Note: tChess is a "universal binary" and is designed for the iPhone AND iPad, so you don't have to buy two different apps.
tChess has support for all of Apple's technologies and devices: Game Center to play real-time or turn-based games online with your friends and family, iCloud, AirPrint, dual-core chips, Retina displays, and every Apple display size.
tChess Pro is the high-quality, critically acclaimed chess game with the richest features for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. It's perfect for every player:
Not everybody is a chess master! Most chess games are too strong or just make random mistakes at easier levels. tChess Pro has unique algorithms to simulate human opponents.
tChess Pro has a top-tier chess engine. (Over 380 ELO points stronger than Caissa Chess.)
tChess Pro's Analysis Mode is like having a chess master in your pocket. You can get the engine's "expert opinion" about any game or position in real-time: which side is winning, and the best sequence of moves. Just like a professional desktop chess package.
More key features:
- Perfect for 1- or 2-player games
- Strong computer opponent
- Play against any ELO rating from 500 to 2500
- Integrated "Learn Chess" e-book app (Apple Staff Favorite!)
- Opening Library feature lets you explore chess opening theory as you play
- PGN Database feature lets you download and view PGN files
- Support for 3-stage time controls with Fischer increments
- Position Editor to enter positions from books, newspapers, etc.
- Save and load games; export them in standard PGN format
- Use the Profile feature to play rated games against the computer and track your progress
tChess Pro is developed by Tom Kerrigan, author of the TSCP and Stobor chess engines.
What's New in Version 1.8.3
- New "Analyze Game" feature: see an overview of the entire game in seconds
- Native support for the iPhone 6/6+ screen resolutions
- New "Benchmark" feature: measure your iOS device's performance
- Optional "Revert" toolbar button
- Optional "New game" toolbar button
Fun with some bugs
I love this game! Once I discovered analyze game I thought I had gone to chess heaven. As others have mentioned, I wonder why it sometimes makes crazy moves. I will back it up and ask for the opposing side suggestion, so that I'm back in a real game again. I mean, moving the rook three squares each direction over and over has to be a bug. Also, I'm so frustrated with it closing the "analyze board" every time I click on the right side (>next arrow) that I'm tempted to give a lower score. Can't though. It's way too much fun to give anything less than four stars!
Fun and Fast
At least at the level which I play, which is around 1600, this engine seems quite solid and creative! I love that it makes tactical errors at this level while mainly giving me a really strong run for my money! This is the chess app I would recommend to others.
The new features like the tutorial and history are a great summary of the game. Flexible, fun, and smart app. Thanks!
The main reason to buy this over other programs is that the GUI is perfect, bug free, and more pleasant to look at. This is very important when playing on a phone. I also like how good this app looks on the iPad.
The program has levels that go from beginner to chess master and the analysis mode is also useful. Playing rated games is fun. I like this feature a great deal.
I have recommended it to my students. Also I think that the learn chess tutorial is excellent.
I was very happy with the original tChess, but I like how the author keeps adding new features. I certainly feel like I got my money's worth. I play on Game Center every day. Challenge me to a real time or turn based game!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 04, 2015
- Version: 1.8.3
- Size: 3.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Tom Kerrigan
- © Tom Kerrigan
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.